IGNORED

Heated Seat Retrofit

Rougarou

I had a corbin saddle with an external switch.

I now have a sergeant saddle that has the plug to plug into the bike.  So, if I get this switch which is part number 61 31 7 708 340, which is supposed to fit my bike per this site, it should be all I need correct?

If I remember correctly, it will have to be programmed into the bike. From memory, the seat heating would show on the instrument panel.

Hopefully somebody else can verify or correct it. It's been 5 years since I had my Hexhead.

13 hours ago, Living the Dream said:

I had a corbin saddle with an external switch.

I now have a sergeant saddle that has the plug to plug into the bike.  So, if I get this switch which is part number 61 31 7 708 340, which is supposed to fit my bike per this site, it should be all I need correct?

Morning   Living the Dream   

That switch shown doesn't DIRECTLY operate the seat heater, it sends a signal to the ZFE module to tell the little computer to turn on the seat heat.   

As Alfred mentioned the ZFE probably isn't programmed to control seat heat so your new switch could do nothing.

I'm not even sure (IF) the BMW dealer can program the ZFE to operate the seat heat without buying a heated seat kit  (in a lot of cases the BMW dealer computer won't allow re-programming without  a  registered disk containing  an authorization code).

You might ask your BMW dealer if they can re-program your ZFE for heated seat without a kit purchase.

With a little work & some assembled electronics/relay  you could possibly get that handlebar switch to operate a heated seat (not through the ZFE control). It won't be easy or straight forward but probably doable.   

Gotcha, so it's a "hmmmm", do I fork out the buckthirtysix on the switch in hopes that it would work or just forget about it,......I dunno.:4331:

11 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

Gotcha, so it's a "hmmmm", do I fork out the buckthirtysix on the switch in hopes that it would work or just forget about it,......I dunno.:4331:

Afternoon Living the Dream   

You need to talk to your BMW dealer as they will be one that has to program it for you. If they say they can't program it with JUST a switch & just a seat then you know where you stand.