IGNORED

Pannier issue resolved. (Not for everyone!)

AZrider

Im sure there are others here who have are tired of the over engineered panniers on these bikes. I know I have spent more man hours trying to fix/repair this than I care to admit (and almost a broken thumb). Problem solved!! Still has the capability to be removed.     Time to ride.  The bike is an '05 RT w/ 95k mi on it.

20190831_110632.jpg

20190831_111225.jpg

20190831_111245.jpg

4 hours ago, Dann said:

Can they still be locked?

Negative Dann . The locking feature to the frame IS still functional. Its just the sliding open/shut feature that's broke. And that's what I bypassed. I never keep anything valuable in the side pannier anyway (tank mount man purse works for me!). A major pain I do not have to deal with anymore:5210:. I believe there are locking latches available. Just wasn't a concern for my needs.  Here is the link to the rubberized latches I purchased.     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P9RS8XR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coming from a real "factory" snob, I'll say that looks pretty darn acceptable. 

But, but, I bet if you went to Ace or True Value and pawed thru those magical tiny drawers of cool fasteners you would find some screws that were more sleek looking . 

Or maybe some pop rivets. 

Yea, locking them isn't a big deal to me either. If someone wants my giant dirty underwear and bag-o-jerky that bad, maybe they need it.