IGNORED

2020 Unrally dates

graydude

Yes it’s happening!  The 2020 Un is in the cooking stage.  More ingredients to add to bring to a boil but the dates are firm.  July 28th thru July 31st.  Yes, there will be sea lions.  The grounds will make you think you are at a Castle.  And no wineing about the heat!  It’s gonna be awesome!  Details to come. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

July 31th?  Can I stay over until August 1th? ;)

Can I come on Monday the 27th?  

I really want to attend. but 2,000+ miles one way probably makes this one a no show.  still looking at flying  out and renting a bike.  but that looks to be cost prohibitive.  Still 11 months to figure something out :-)

if this was in 2021 I would be all in. I will be leaving corporate work 6/30/2021.  One of my first goals is to ride Route 66.  this would be perfect for that.  but alas it is one year to early.

• Like 1
On 8/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, graydude said:

And no wineing about the heat!

I'm hereby whining about the heat.  For both the '16 and '18 UNs, getting to and from was painful because of the heat. 105 degrees in NM, then 107 in CO and 112 in eastern WA after Mount Rushmore.  Why not have it in early June or Sept? 

It's now early Sept and I'm planning to start a cross-country ride next week.  It's been in the high 90s in GA, and most of the way across the country.

I may also wine about it -- since I'm thinking there will be vineyards nearby.

...I don't know -July and August were beautiful and not too warm this year; today it's pouring rain and on Saturday there were 1,250 lightning strikes (in a three hour period) in Seattle... 

Plus, June and September mean Jeremiah can't go, so...

• Like 1
On 9/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, Ken S said:

But, will you whine about the wine?  :5146:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I need to add a point of clarification regarding the dates.  The un will start on July 28th and conclude with the pizza dinner on the 30th.  The checkout date is the 31st and the end of our block of discounted rooms. .  I apologize for any confusion. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, Ken S said:

I'm hereby whining about the heat.  For both the '16 and '18 UNs, getting to and from was painful because of the heat. 105 degrees in NM, then 107 in CO and 112 in eastern WA after Mount Rushmore.  Why not have it in early June or Sept? 

It's now early Sept and I'm planning to start a cross-country ride next week.  It's been in the high 90s in GA, and most of the way across the country.

Early June is gloomy around the Coast, plus good chance of snow in the Sierras.  September has many of us working.

The first day of my ride out to the UN will include about 4 hrs in the desert heat. That won't stop me however, I will use an insulated camelback and will just stop and drench my shirt as required. The pain will be worth it!

• Like 1
On 1/15/2020 at 6:43 PM, AZgman said:

The first day of my ride out to the UN will include about 4 hrs in the desert heat. That won't stop me however, I will use an insulated camelback and will just stop and drench my shirt as required. The pain will be worth it!

My first day will include about 12 hours of Texas heat and 3 hours of cool temperatures in NE New Mexico and SE Colorado.  But it is worth it to get to Colorado.

• Like 1
On 1/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, AZgman said:

"Texas heat"... That is the wet heat as opposed to the dry heat here in AZ? Sounds like you are not taking a very straight path to Cambria!

I am told it is the humidity that gets you, not the heat!

A direct path from here to CA would not be enjoyable in July.  Even in a vehicle with AC!

On 1/24/2020 at 6:36 PM, AZgman said:

Oh, I know about the routing Chris! Look me up at the UN and I will buy you a beer!

Sounds worthy!

• 2 weeks later...

Just registered, and reserved a room, on spec.  Arriving Monday, July 27th, and departing Saturday, August 1st.  I plan to ride out with Bob (Endobobdds).  That said, all this is dependent upon my wife's posting to the Canadian Embassy in Washington being extended beyond this August.  If it is not extended, I will have to cancel, as we'd be moving home.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, FlyingFinn said:

I think I'll have a good shot for the "Shortest Ride to the Rally" trophy...

But you have a choice of a few fun roads to ride on the way!