IGNORED

? heated seats

DaveRT

I thought the heated seats would be just a gimmick but I am now a convert. They make a surprising amount of difference on a cold day.

I have an '05 RT with about 1,200 miles on the clock. The heated seat works great. Keeps your body core temp nice and warm. Generally keep mine on low setting....you can cook bratwurst on the high setting. Great for those cool mornings.

The problem is ...your gonna want to replace the seat...unless you use one of the seat guys that uses the existing seat to work from ....your wasting your money....

Whip

Heated seat is great, but the settings for the grips and seat don't seem to match. 1 on the seat is a gentle warmth, while 2 is nice and toasty. For the grips, 1 is pretty toasty and 2 can make you cry. crazy.gif

Jim

I ordered mine with the heated seats and I'm not sorry. Cooler days, seat on 1 and it's a definite improvement. I would do it again.

As to an aftermarket seat, I don't think I'll need that but if I do (need more long days in the saddle to decide) I'll bite the bullet and get it heated as well. thumbsup.gif

I have heated seats on my LT, and don't really care for them. It makes my legs feel sweaty/clammy. I never use it, so I didn't get it on my RT.

Anyone made their own heated seat? Seems like it would be pretty easy to remove the cover and string a few wires around then replace the cover. Just thought I'd ask, before I try to re-invent the wheel smile.gif

Anyone made their own heated seat? Seems like it would be pretty easy to remove the cover and string a few wires around then replace the cover. Just thought I'd ask, before I try to re-invent the wheel smile.gif

I haven't made my own heated seat but I did run across a vendor at the Charleston rally that had. He got heating elements from http://www.saddlemen.com/. I gave some thought to doing in myself but had Cee Bailey add heat to my stock seat instead.

Archived