IGNORED

RT Impressions after 1st 50 miles

Still CAL

Going in search of Goo Be Gone tomorrow. The brake lever extender I ordered came in today. Went to install it but whaddaya know, there's already one on there!:dopeslap:

I guess it's glued on because I don't see or feel a set screw. You have to look close to see it's been added. The new one is maybe a 1/4" longer so I might try to pry the old one off. If not, oh well, it gets added to my box of NOS stuff from a dozen or more bikes. Might be able to build a Johnny Cash-style scoot with all of it one of these days.:money:

Still CAL,

You might try some heat on that extender to soften the goo holding it so well.  And you might want to remove the pedal from the bike and clamp it in your vise to be safe.  If it is almost any kind of polymer or resin (epoxy - most likely, urethane, isocyanate, PVA, acrylic) it will soften with heat.  They will stink badly so set up a fan and open the outside doors beforehand.  A HF heat gun should be enough.

I don't mean to be rude, but...I am still scratching my head as to why you need an extender. The OEM one was fine. Now if you already have an extender and it still isn't long enough maybe you should review your technique or see if you just need to get used to it.

Not rude at all, AndyS. It seems to be a geometry thing with my right foot, getting it all the way on the lever for sure stops. I don't have the issue on the Hondas, maybe because they have a wide square-ish toe pad the looks like it sits more outboard than the RT does. To be sure, when I jumped on the 78 DT175 for a ride last week, both shifter and brake levers felt positively tiny and might right boot toe kept missing the brake lever altogether. I just need to get used to the BMW's position is all. Cheers.

Still Cal...Any chance you have peg extenders?  I put the peg extenders on my bike and it totally changed the reach to the gear and brake.  The gear I adjusted fast too, but the rear brake makes me kind of lift my foot up to apply it.  Im use to it now but at first it was very strange to get use to. I needed the extra legroom so the Suburban Machinery extenders seemed to work the best by reviews.  When others get on my bike they can't figure out how to get to the rear brake.

Thanks for the tip Warty, I'll take a look at that. Given that it's already got the brake lever extension it may have those, too.

If it has them, you can remove them and just connect your pegs back just as they came from the factory.  No parts needed.  Then go ride it.  It may not have them, but it is a common complaint I hear (and experienced) after adding them.  (Warty :) ) made me smile.

Just now, Skywagon said:

(Warty :) ) made me smile.

Just own it, sister!:dance:

I worked in the engine and prop shop at KAFB for 22 years on Mr. Herc.