IGNORED

Mirror Body Replacement 2014 RT

narcosis

I need to replace a mirror body ( part # 51168541836) and it seems like the first step would be to remove the mirror.  I've rotated it all around, pressed and pulled tabs, etc. with no luck.  Any helpful hints out there?

Remove the relevant side panel (2 screws on the inside front of the panels - accessible from the front wheel area).

Remove the speaker cover (2 screws)5116_MODELLE_00_K52_R51004b_preview.jpg.d72af6ed82851b1638506de6c6017da0.jpg

Remove the mirror assembly by means of the 2 securing bolts into the chunky aluminium housing

Thanks AndyS but that's how to get the entire mirror assembly off.  I'm looking to replace the large mirror body.  So I did pull the entire mirror assembly off but it's still not apparent how to separate the mirror body from the overall assembly.

Okay, broke the code.  Much easier to figure it out with the mirror assembly off.  The mirror body is held on by three tabs situated in the middle of the body.  The removal technique is to push the body away from the metal bracket that attaches to the bike.  This disengages the tabs so you can pull the body up and away from the rest of the assembly.

Now that I know how to remove it, it's super simple with the mirror attached to the bike...easier in fact.  Replacing the body is a two minute process, the majority of the time spent threading and tying the cord.

• Like 1