IGNORED

Microsoft Edge

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Don't ask how I got into the Microsoft Developers group, but there you go.

As a result, I get new Windows builds almost every week.  Yesterday, the Edge beta arrived.  I've never been impressed with Edge but I'm using the beta now and I think I see Chrome in the rear view mirror.  It's fast, supports the extensions I need, etc.

If you use WIndows, look for the arrival of Edge.  I think you'll like it.

MS Announced a few months ago that they were going to adopt Chrome as the base engine for their browser.  The excuse was that they then could focus those resources on other development efforts rather than saying their browsers seem to get worse with each release.

Yup, the new MS Edge is going to be based on Chromium, which is the foundation of Google's Chrome.  It is probably a "if you can't beat them, join them" sort of thing since Edge sucked so bad you could stick a beer can to your screen when it was running.  I'm a Firefox fan myself, but don't doubt Chromium will win out in the end.

Firefox!

Plenty fast and more ability from keeping Google and Microsoft out of your shorts.   Really hate the tracking and ad targeting you to "improve" your on line experience.

• 2 weeks later...
John Ranalletta

Still using the new Edge Beta.  If it's built on Chrome I'm disappointed, but oh well.

I've tried Firefox and perhaps will try again soon.