IGNORED

Hornig Key Holder or similar

rondmc

Does anyone know if these or something like them are available in the U.S.?  The online places I've found them are charging at least as much for shipping as for the unit itself.

Thought I'd try one to put on a key I leave in the lock on the glove box to the left of the tank, so it's accessible while I'm on the bike while it's running.

Thanks!

Ron

0075_TS.jpg

When I had my "97 RT and my '02 GS both with "BMW System Cases" that needed to key to open I just made my own.

Kind of had to explain but you can use black plastic knobs and epoxy the key into them.  Then if you want to get fancy you can get the 20mm BMW Roundels to put on top.   The cost was pretty minimal and they looked nice. 

I have one from my old 2005 1150RT with the metal key I put in it. It won't fit my new electronic keys.  Mine says BMW.  I used it as the main key so nothing would scratch the key area.  I would sell it if you really want it.

thanks, all! i appreciate the link, Chris K!

Skywagon, PM coming.

RT in NC, great idea. i wondered about using epoxy in a cut-down rubber stopper or something...

cheers to all!

ron

On 8/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, rondmc said:

thanks, all! i appreciate the link, Chris K!

Skywagon, PM coming.

RT in NC, great idea. i wondered about using epoxy in a cut-down rubber stopper or something...

cheers to all!

ron

That is pretty much exactly how you do it.   If you want more info and some photos let me know