IGNORED

Fuel Float Tube aka SENDING UNIT BMW Part 62 16 2 306 541

Peter C

I plagiarized picture  from Dirtrider the Oracle in the  "R1150 RT fuel filter" thread in the Oil Head group.

Here is tube in good shape, example from dirtrider.

Has anyone ever pulled one of these fuel float tubes apart?  I would like to see inside.

Mine is the lower picture, restoring the fuel system from long term storage. The wiring at the plug at the fuel plate is shot and I want to rewire the plug at a minimum and replace the wire shield.

The wires are very thin and I am unsure of what type of wire to use that can withstand being submerged in current day gasoline.

As of the last 3 years in all my gas powered units Cars, Small Engines,  I am using Stable Gas 360, and in combination either Redline or Lucas fuel treatment at every fill up with Top Tier gas.  

892462454_FuelLevelSensorTube.jpg.2d57dbce90ed837d24cd792ba6975add.jpg 

image.png.b51753c9465f3c537bf839f495f9e280.png

10 hours ago, Peter C said:

I plagiarized picture  from Dirtrider the Oracle in the  "R1150 RT fuel filter" thread in the Oil Head group.

Here is tube in good shape, example from dirtrider.

Has anyone ever pulled one of these fuel float tubes apart?  I would like to see inside.

Mine is the lower picture, restoring the fuel system from long term storage. The wiring at the plug at the fuel plate is shot and I want to rewire the plug at a minimum and replace the wire shield.

The wires are very thin and I am unsure of what type of wire to use that can withstand being submerged in current day gasoline.

As of the last 3 years in all my gas powered units Cars, Small Engines,  I am using Stable Gas 360, and in combination either Redline or Lucas fuel treatment at every fill up with Top Tier gas.  

Morning Peter

Check your messages (PM's) on this site as I sent you a picture of the inside of the fuel sender tube. (the info is proprietary so I can't post it here).

Hi Peter

I too have the very same problem as you. Just found out today when i was replacing the filter and internal breather lines and then found that the fuel level probe has broken wires that go to the plug on the fuel pump plate.

Did you get a solution for the type of cable to join it etc.

Cheers

Steve