IGNORED

2004 Rockster Clutch Line

Imgnr

Hi - there’s a hard bend in the line right after the male end that bolts into the brake cylinder. I’m afraid the kink will leak so would like to buy a new line. Problem is, Spiegler has the same part number as the GS which has two banjo ends. Mine has one banjo at the slave and one male at the cylinder. 

Question:  Does BMW have different clutch lines for r1150r and r1150gs models?  Does anyone have the actual Spiegler model number for the line?  They can custom fabricate the line for me if I can provide the specifications but I don’t know how to describe it to them. 

Thank you 

51 minutes ago, Imgnr said:

Hi - there’s a hard bend in the line right after the male end that bolts into the brake cylinder. I’m afraid the kink will leak so would like to buy a new line. Problem is, Spiegler has the same part number as the GS which has two banjo ends. Mine has one banjo at the slave and one male at the cylinder. 

Question:  Does BMW have different clutch lines for r1150r and r1150gs models?  Does anyone have the actual Spiegler model number for the line?  They can custom fabricate the line for me if I can provide the specifications but I don’t know how to describe it to them. 

Thank you 

Afternoon  Imgnr

There is a difference between the early rockster & the GS clutch hose (I think it's only a slight length difference).

There is also a big difference between the early 1150 rockster (pre 9/03)

& the post 9/03 rockster clutch hose (basically 2004)  as the LATE 1150 rockster clutch hose has one banjo & one threaded fitting.

If the below hose matches what you have now then just send  Spiegler this picture with your overall hose length (might also have to verify thread pitch & thread diameter for them to match)

late rockster clutch hose.jpg

2 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon  Imgnr

There is a difference between the early rockster & the GS clutch hose (I think it's only a slight length difference).

There is also a big difference between the early 1150 rockster (pre 9/03)

& the post 9/03 rockster clutch hose (basically 2004)  as the LATE 1150 rockster clutch hose has one banjo & one threaded fitting.

If the below hose matches what you have now then just send  Spiegler this picture with your overall hose length (might also have to verify thread pitch & thread diameter for them to match)

late rockster clutch hose.jpg

That’s exactly the one I have. I talked to someone at Beemerboneyard who said the other version with two banjo fittings will work. I just need to get s banjo bolt. I’ll report back as to whether they do or not. 

53 minutes ago, Imgnr said:

That’s exactly the one I have. I talked to someone at Beemerboneyard who said the other version with two banjo fittings will work. I just need to get s banjo bolt. I’ll report back as to whether they do or not. 

Evening Imgnr

If you go with the  banjo bolt don't forget the sealing washers.

"They can custom fabricate the line for me if I can provide the specifications but I don’t know how to describe it to them. "

Imgnr,

The Spiegler website has a selection of fittings to choose from.  I've used it and it can be balky but the selection of odd fittings in a wide variety of sizes with dimentions is/was huge.  It might help you select the right fittings.

There was a bleeder line on the clutch slave on my R1100S to facilitate bleeding.   Don't forget that part if your bike has this bleeder extension.  I ordered a slightly longer tube  to make bleeding easier.

So I ordered a used clutch line on EBay and it fits perfectly. I even had a banjo bolt sitting in my tool box. 

Thank you everyone for your input. My clutch replacement project is almost done. While in there, I replaced the slave cylinder, seal, entire clutch pack, throttle cables, and clutch line. Did it by myself with the forums input and lots of YouTube (thanks Chris Harris). Didn’t need any manual. 

So, it is possible for a novice to replace a clutch. Takes a long time. I recommend doing the whole thing over a weekend and not spreading it out as you’ll inevitably lose little parts and forget where things go. 

On 8/18/2019 at 2:36 PM, Lowndes said:

"They can custom fabricate the line for me if I can provide the specifications but I don’t know how to describe it to them. "

Imgnr,

The Spiegler website has a selection of fittings to choose from.  I've used it and it can be balky but the selection of odd fittings in a wide variety of sizes with dimentions is/was huge.  It might help you select the right fittings.

There was a bleeder line on the clutch slave on my R1100S to facilitate bleeding.   Don't forget that part if your bike has this bleeder extension.  I ordered a slightly longer tube  to make bleeding easier.

Lowndes - I attached a one way bleeder there a few years ago when I first got the bike.