Sign in to follow this  
greiffster

2019 Ural Gear Up

greiffster

Saw this thing today in the Lowe’s parking lot. Looks like a hoot. 2WD model with a reverse gear (“engage it like a mad Russian”). The guy just bought it for under 17 grand with a military discount.  I understand it finally has EFI. 

5F4F7D38-4AA1-4701-A185-41556662359D.jpeg

1689CD0B-1128-4F74-8F9E-383301632C7F.jpeg

• Like 2

TEWKS

Jay Leno? :dontknow: Nope, just somebody stopping by the station to see the boss. Got my attention!

image.jpg

wbw6cos

Funny you mention Jay, as I am watching him on Jay Leno's Garage.  :5188:

• Like 1

Antimatter

I owned an '06 for a while.  It was happiest at 45 mph, and required weekly bolt tightness checks (I nicknamed it 'Blue Loctite').  I will say, though, it is the one motorcycle that attracts women.  As we all know, most motorcycles actually attract other guys, but the Ural had a 'cute' factor that had ladies jumping out of cars to take pictures, waving, and asking if I had time to give them a ride.  Unlike the road rage that my other motorcycles seem to bring out, the Ural always got smiles and thumbs up from other drivers and pedestrians.

dirtrider
19 hours ago, greiffster said:

Saw this thing today in the Lowe’s parking lot. Looks like a hoot. 2WD model with a reverse gear (“engage it like a mad Russian”). The guy just bought it for under 17 grand with a military discount.  I understand it finally has EFI. 

Thanks Mike

Not a bad looking rig.

Personally I don't know about the modernization as putting EFI & disk brakes on a Ural is like putting radial tires on a shopping cart.    

TEWKS
2 hours ago, Antimatter said:

I will say, though, it is the one motorcycle that attracts women.  As we all know, most motorcycles actually attract other guys, but the Ural had a 'cute' factor that had ladies jumping out of cars to take pictures

And if the bike & one's charm alone doesn't work, they do sell this no fail option. ;) :grin:

oQ230aO.jpg

• Like 2

greiffster
4 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Thanks Mike

Not a bad looking rig.

Personally I don't know about the modernization as putting EFI & disk brakes on a Ural is like putting radial tires on a shopping cart.    

I would tend to agree as the older Urals I've seen are....basic.  Maybe its because it was shiny new and clean, but they may have stepped up their game.  And the 2WD axle is interesting looking engineering.   

roadscholar

Dogs sure like 'em.

723-L.jpg

398-L.jpg

• Like 2

Bill_Walker

A review I just read of a prototype electric model they built (with a Zero drivetrain) mentioned that it "regards steering inputs as a nuisance."

TEWKS

Electric, what tis dis electric? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Bill_Walker

Apparently gas-powered Urals can extract oxygen from water!

TEWKS
1 hour ago, Bill_Walker said:

Apparently gas-powered Urals can extract oxygen from water!

Seems a little fishy to me. :D Really though, with no tall snorkels attached I don't know how they kept running. :dontknow: