IGNORED

Moto Guzzi V85 TT

Rinkydink

I look at this bike as a fun Super Moto/Street Tracker candidate. 

I don’t see much difference in specs between the TT and the TT Adventure except colors and panniers. And $1k

How about a gray base unit with the red frame, and heated grips? I don’t need bags,  I have the RT. I do wonder how difficult, read expensive, it would be to get some maybe 17” cast wheels front and rear from the V7 for instance, to facilitate tire choice and tubeless fitment. A bit heavy but oh the torque.....

This is copied from the Adventure Motorcycle post elsewhere on this forum:

Suspension

The suspension offers 6.7-inches of travel front and rear while the 41mm forks and rear shock are both fully adjustable for preload and rebound damping. Besides the fully tunable suspension, you have three preset riding modes.

Back in the day fully adjustable had compression damping too. 😳

This bike just oozes fun and sport. 

Am I crazy to even consider this scenario?

Moto Guzzi take my money!!

I understand they are only shipping V85 Guzzi’s that are sold.   Pretty tough to sell a bike based on photos and specs.   Piaggio is going to kill Moto Guzzi at this rate.   Guzzi dealers continue to drop like flies.  It’s hard to find one.   I love Guzzi, I have always had at least one since 1986.  But the only customers they have now are diehard Guzzista who typically do all their own maintenance.   

My wife has this foreign idea that after 41 years at the phone factory I deserve an additional scoot. Crazy I know.

She is threatening to surprise me with the MG. Closest dealer is Tulsa. I’ve given her the color (gray, red frame if possible) and must have options (heated grips). We’ll see. 

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, Rinkydink said:

My wife has this foreign idea that after 41 years at the phone factory I deserve an additional scoot. Crazy I know.

Could you get her to maybe teach a class on that? :dontknow: Be an instant hit with the menfolk of the land! :grin:

• Like 1