IGNORED

Photon Blaster Wiring

KSB

I am planning on installing Skene Amber Photon Blasters on the front forks of my 2016 R1200RT-LC.  I need an ignition controlled (switched) source for 12 volts.  I will probably use the aux plug if there isn't something better; the wire might be too large to be able to use the Posi-tap connector.   

Can I  tap off the low beam light or off the angle eyes?  Can someone tell me the wire colors for these as I don't have a wiring diagram?

Or, is there a better or easier place in the front fairing to access the required switched 12 volts? 

Last resort would be to tap into the fuse block under the seat and fish a wire up front.

The yellow wire from the headlight is your low beam light.

The "side lights" are the Grey/Blue and Grey/Brown wires.

The ground wire is Brown

• Like 1

I believe so (definitely not the high beam, that is the white wire)). Angel eyes or "city lights" is what I would call them. Side lights is what the Haynes manual calls them!

• Like 1

THANKS again AZ.  I was going to get a Haynes manual, but there was so much bad press about it due to the thin, paper stock used to print it.

Decided to go with the aux plug as it appeared to be the easiest; Orange wire is plus, Brown wire is ground (LEDs stay on for about 1 minute after shutting down).  No problem using the supplied Posi-taps (they are GREAT).  Plenty of room to mount the electronic module with the supplied tape.  Brackets to mount the LED strips fit perfect.  No codes thrown!

2019-08-15 Photon Blaster Wiring.jpeg

I didn't opt for the TS system, just the fork LEDs. 

Other posts have said to pull the speakers to get to the TS wires.  You also need the resistors available to prevent codes.  Skene has a good wiring diagram for this option.

Yeah, that's what I did originally as well.  Just the fork lights.

You'd think since the factory turn signals are already LED, you wouldn't need a resistor.