IGNORED

Seat options for my LC

Matts_12GS

I know there are a lot of newer manufacturers out there for GS seats. 

Who's having good luck with what? 

I've had Corbins most of my riding life, yet hate to drop that much money on a seat untested. Same with Sargent products even though I find them to be just too soft overall. 

Anyone using the saddlemen seats? Any off brands? 

And no, I'm not going to send off my stock seat pan for 2 months to get a RDL made. So... What else is out there? 

The Sargent on my 2012 GS is Ok. The Sargent on my 2014 RT is outstanding! :thumbsup: Don't think that info is a help to you but thought I'd toss it out. :dontknow:  Hope you're liking Miami, there's rumors of a Houseboat party in Key West, come this January. ;) :grin:

7 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

The Sargent on my 2012 GS is Ok. The Sargent on my 2014 RT is outstanding! :thumbsup: Don't think that info is a help to you but thought I'd toss it out. :dontknow:  Hope you're liking Miami, there's rumors of a Houseboat party in Key West, come this January. ;) :grin:

Thanks Pat.  I will likely try the Sargent next time I ride to Jax.  

Keep me posted on the houseboat.... I'm in range to do that for lunch

Just now, Matts_12GS said:

Keep me posted on the houseboat.... I'm in range to do that for lunch

I'm not sure if it's going to be a group event, not mine, but fun to start the rumor anyway. :java:  We may, or may not hear more about it in the next few months. :grin: 

steve.foote

Matt, I used a BeadRider on my last ride up to the unrally.  It was awesome!  It sits atop my stock seat.  3200 miles and not an issue at all.

• Like 2
RandyShields

I've tried a number of them -- from Russell's to Sargent's.  All were OK, but what I have used for the last 10 years or so is a BeadRider in the warm months, and an Alaska leather sheepskin in the cold weather.  They work great and are not very expensive.  You might also check out the new seats being made by Airhawk, transferring their air cell cushion technology into seats.  I'm intrigued but haven't read any reviews.

https://airhawk.net/airhawk-seats/

• Like 1

ive had 3 different Russell's.  they were/are leaps and bounds better than the factory 2x4.  To be aware on Russell...the width they add to the saddle causes your legs to be further out plus a little height is added.  I've liked all mine and would buy again, but you should know your legs will get about an inch shorter.

This morning I got an email from Wunderlich.  They are now making seats for the LC's.  No idea if it is good or cost.  My favorite seat of all times was made by Cee Bailey.  It was great; alas Cee Bailey no longer in the motorcycle business.

My Russell that is on my 2014 (put it on when the bike was new) is about ready to be reworked.  Russell does rework for not very much money.

I've had Llam, Corbin, Cee Bailey, and Russell.  Of those 4 I would choose Russell again.  No experience with Sargent or others.  Good luck..no matter what you pick it will be better than the factory seat.

Russell Day long is the only seat that works for my boney butt. I can munch 1000 miles and no complaints from the rear end. I forgot how good the seat is until I did 240 miles on my Honda XR650L on the stock seat. I have not been in that kinda pain for a very long time.

Alan

• 1 month later...

Ok, things have moved forward. I have found a Corbin dual sport 1 piece seat on the MOA forum. I'm waiting on delivery and will post pictures as soon as I receive it. 

• Like 1