IGNORED

It's done and done... sold the RT

hopz

Wanted to drop a note to the friends here on the Wethead forum.

Some of you know that not too long ago I began a gentle and subtle withdrawal from riding and put the '14 up for sale. I had all the regular spam calls and junk offers from the various sale listing sites on the Interwebs, but I finally pulled my helmet off and made a deal with BMW of Denver. They represented me for several weeks and the bike sold recently. The deal was fair to both and the check cleared yesterday. Someone got a great, low mileage, well equipped and maintained '14. 

You all ride safe now- and rest assured I will be on the forum for a long time. There are many posts that need snarky retorts and a few that need my sage advice.

Ride safe.

Hopz

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Congrats and as you said, just because you are not riding anymore, doesn't mean that we can't share your company on the forums.

This is just sad.  I'm almost there myself at 75 years.  I just can't quite sell my bikes yet but I know it's coming.  Was at the local hardware last Saturday and one of the owners was sadly expressing the same sentiment that being it's just about time.  He feels the same as I do.  He just can't quite bring himself to do it and neither can I even though we no longer ride much.  It just sucks.

Many thanks for kind and supportive comments...

I plan to stick around and share my experiences and knowledge.

I am still a "frequent flyer" on board and will likely turn up at "gatherings" such as the Torrey get togethers... 

When I hit 75, it was not the third-gear rush, it was the signal that for me, the time had arrived.

As I said,  let your own circumstance guide you. You will likely enter a stage where you begin to think about it, then you go through the denial stage, then you wake up one day and announce to yourself that Yup, the time has come.

Thanks again.

16 hours ago, hopz said:

As I said,  let your own circumstance guide you. You will likely enter a stage where you begin to think about it, then you go through the denial stage, then you wake up one day and announce to yourself that Yup, the time has come.

Thanks again.

At a mere 63 I already feel it coming. I have looked into a Can-Am Spyder or even a Miata. There’s more than one way to skin a cat. Best of luck to you. 

Rather than go the 3-wheeler route why not at least think about something like a 4-wheeler like a sports car convertible?  I own a 2011 Mustang GT/CS (bought new) hard top and it does it for me although I do wish it was convertible.  No need to wear a helmet and works great in the rain and think of the stuff you can carry.  Oh, and then you have that gizmo called heat/cool whenever you want it.  

hopz,

I participated in the thread you started when you began to seriously ruminate on retiring from riding so I won't bore you with a rehash of all the reasons and 3 wheel options to continue riding.  I am glad you intend to be active in the motorcycling community as the real gem of this sport is the people and life long friendships.  Cruising the CLK with the top down is a pretty nice alternative.  Now if the CLK had a retractable windshield to play with it would almost be like riding the RT:dance:

1 hour ago, hopz said:

Did I mention is also drive a Mercedes Convertible CLK-350?

You wanna race?  Straight roads only. 

Best wishes to you. Thought I would throw out an idea for your next ride....I owned a Polaris Slingshot for 2 years when they first came out. Most fun my son and I ever had on 3 wheels.  Best of both worlds with wind in your face but with the comfort of a sports car. 

They have come a long way since I owned mine, with now available options from full windshield and roof to kick butt stereo systems. All I know is that we had a blast in ours and it sparked a lot of friendly conversation amongst strangers. 

Either way, wishing you all the best!!

2A903EAF-C669-470F-B528-C2D436C5E535.jpeg

4DAF7837-9680-4B9B-B75A-4FED7579FBAF.jpeg

• Like 1

They do look like a lot of fun especially if you found yourself on a rural twisty road somewhere. My one thought or concern as with the Vanderhall mentioned above is pulling your butt up & out of the low seat once in. Seems like it'd be work? :dontknow:

Not toO bad at all. There is a side roll bar that you can use for support to boost your butt out. Seats were very comfortable. 

Just like anything else, it’s a technique. 

• Like 1