IGNORED

Brake bleed

Lawman

When I had my 03 RT I paid big bucks for both control and wheel curcuit brake bleeds..Three days later I paid a local bike mechanic to replace a brake line..I was present when he did the work and we both noticed the fluid was brown..He told me that the fluid that came out of the front wheel curcuit was old and that they had not been flushed any time recently..Before I carry my 05 RT back to the same place for the same work I"d like to know if there is any way to confirm the work was done after I get the bike back..They will not allow me to watch the work be done..Same question for valve adjustment...Thanks..

If they won't allow you to watch the work being done, I'd take it to a different dealer.

That's what I'd like to do but my options are few and far between...That was never a problem with my Harleys..I had a great relationship with my dealer and my technician. They always allowed me to watch the work being done and it gave me a good chance to get to know the mechanic..In return I would buy lunch for all the shop guys or tip my mechanic..It worked great! Why doesn't BMW work that way?

Billy

San Antonio isn't that far....especially if you like to watch....Rhinewest.....let me know...I'll make the appointment and get "Killers" or Chris's room ready.....

Whip

Billy

You know what dealer and service man i use, just ask Ron if you could observe, they do all my service work and i have never had an issue with them.

My dealer also doesn't like anyone in the work area. So I started doing most of the service myself. Can you imagine if they didn't change the brake fluid what are the chances they left the oil filter in for the last changeover ? Pretty good I would think.

hp

Archived