IGNORED

Fall Torrey approaching

In looking at the BMWST calendar, Fall Torrey is scheduled to begin on Thursday September 26.  I'm planning on riding up for this one and will confirm room with Michelle this week.  Weather is usually pretty good in the fall and the aspens are golden.  Fish Lake loop is probably my favorite.  Count me in,

Johnlt

On 7/29/2019 at 8:30 AM, RecentConvert said:

Candi and I will be there!  Will have a supply of JB Weld also.

That's a new IPA... ?? :facepalm:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bill_Walker said:

I'm out.  :cry:  There will be a room available as soon as Michelle processes the email I just sent.

Darn ... was looking forward to seeing you and thanking you again for your well appreciated assistance during the Temecula Incident .. 

Bill_Walker
On 8/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, chrisolson said:

Darn ... was looking forward to seeing you

It would've been to catch up and see how you're doing.  Maybe next year.  Or at DV.

25 minutes ago, Bill_Walker said:

It would've been to catch up and see how you're doing.  Maybe next year.  Or at DV.

Yes, possibly at DV

On 8/7/2019 at 1:56 PM, Bill_Walker said:

Hey Bill, I don't know if I've shared this one, so here ya go.  That's you out in front.

G0374655web.thumb.jpg.cebb8ea197d74bb3ef4709a7c37a3f5c.jpg

• Like 1
On 8/5/2019 at 8:07 AM, Bill_Walker said:

I'm out.  :cry:  There will be a room available as soon as Michelle processes the email I just sent.

Apparently she hadn't processed the email.  I hadn't gotten a reply, so I just called to check, and my reservation was still on the books.  Cancelled now, in case anyone's looking for a room.  But you can only book through Michelle, who won't be in again until Monday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, chrisolson said:

Darn ... was looking forward to seeing you and thanking you again for your well appreciated assistance during the Temecula Incident .. 

What incident?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AZgman said:

I will be a first time Torrey attendee, any advice as to how to navigate the "event"? (I did make the 2009 Un in NH)

Its a very unstructured event  ....  no " official , pre-planned" group rides or meals.

However one constant is the gathering of folks around cabin #9 at the Chuckwagon or in the parking lot.  Whip (cabin #9 resident)  usually rolls in late Thursday afternoon ... along with a few others (myself included) . 

So the suggestion is to find your way there and introduce yourself !  

Even if  you're not staying at the Chuckwagon, most attendee's will at some point stop by to find out what's happening .  Many riding routes/partners are negotiated there as well as informal, nightly dinner arrangements.

3 hours ago, AZgman said:

I will be a first time Torrey attendee, any advice as to how to navigate the "event"? (I did make the 2009 Un in NH)

Just show up.

Cabin #9

Dennis Andress

Torrey, Utah home of a few hundred people, three restaurants, and two waitresses. Wish I could make it...

• Haha 1

We'll be there.  The new tires arrived yesterday.  Should get mounted by the weekend, and get scuffed in next week.  Then an oil change, valves and a TB sync, and we should be ready.

• Like 1

Holy cow, I can't believe it was May 2013 that I was last in Torrey!?  Poor planning I guess, but that won't happen this year!  I'll be arriving on Wednesday and departing Sunday.  I even got my old room #19 at the Chuckwagon.  Thanks Michelle!  I'll be bringing along a Torrey first timer, Jon T and I know he will enjoy the people and the great riding around Torrey.  See you all soon.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, barryNmarin said:

See you all soon.

Looking forward to it as well,  it can't have been  that long ago  :16:

... I don't know if it was your last Torrey but I do remember we had a great time out at the range ..... if you can, bring something as we hope to do a range run again this year.

Hopz and Suz are out this time... carry on without us. Glad to hear 'Nando is planning to be there... wish we could.... haven't heard for sure but think Raan is out also. Will miss the rides and the friends...

On 8/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, chrisolson said:

Looking forward to it as well,  it can't have been  that long ago  :16:

... I don't know if it was your last Torrey but I do remember we had a great time out at the range ..... if you can, bring something as we hope to do a range run again this year.

Yeah Chris that was a fun time at the range but I was in my truck and could carry an arsenal plus ammo.   I'll be on the RT this trip so probably no weapons.

38 minutes ago, barryNmarin said:

I'll be on the RT this trip so probably no weapons.

Yeah, I'll be in my truck this time  .... so I understand,  but hey if you want, you can always come out and "share" what I'll be bringing !!

• Like 1

Well, I recall Suz "taking care of" that old TV set with a rifle last time we were there, so someone else will have to step to protect the citizens this time... just sayn.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:37 PM, chrisolson said:

Yeah, I'll be in my truck this time  .... so I understand,  but hey if you want, you can always come out and "share" what I'll be bringing !!

Also in the truck this time....with a few goodies.......

..Let the good times roll.....

49 minutes ago, Heck said:

Also in the truck this time....with a few goodies.......

..Let the good times roll.....

Absolutely !!   Hope the weather cooperates .

I'm still not sure if I'll be there or not.  May was the first time I had missed being there in many years. 

If I do go I intend to go down to Calf Creek and hike to both the lower and upper falls.

I have a leaky fork and an abs issue that I need to solve first, I guess.

dc

On 9/2/2019 at 11:28 AM, David13 said:

I'm still not sure if I'll be there or not.  May was the first time I had missed being there in many years. 

If I do go I intend to go down to Calf Creek and hike to both the lower and upper falls.

I have a leaky fork and an abs issue that I need to solve first, I guess.

dc

In the same day?

Lower falls are 3mi out and 3mi back, with lots of soft sand.

5 hours ago, longjohn said:

In the same day?

Lower falls are 3mi out and 3mi back, with lots of soft sand.

Yeah, probably.  I have been hiking a lot living here, so ...

And of late I have been in good shape.

dc

I'm heading out Wed.  Will probably spend the night in Vegas or Mesquite.  Minn Twins, if you want to jump on my trailer, you are welcome to join me.

M

My wife is curious, will there be any women coming along to Torrey?

New tires, valves adjusted, brakes checked, oils changed. The bike is ready to roll.  I reversed our route from the spring, we are seeing Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce before we go to Torrey.  Should be in Thursday afternoon.

Terry 

17 minutes ago, RecentConvert said:

Terry 

My wife Cindy will be there, but we will be driving this year rather than riding.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:44 PM, RecentConvert said:

New tires, valves adjusted, brakes checked, oils changed. The bike is ready to roll.  I reversed our route from the spring, we are seeing Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce before we go to Torrey.  Should be in Thursday afternoon.

Terry 

My wife Meghan will be there, but driving in the car separate from me since she's bringing the kids.  We'll be in the middle cabin if you're wife needs some non-Utah wine.:5223:

• Like 1
On 9/13/2019 at 5:24 PM, BrianT said:

My wife Meghan will be there, but driving in the car separate from me since she's bringing the kids.  We'll be in the middle cabin if you're wife needs some non-Utah wine.:5223:

Maybe Nora will make an appearance this year.  Or Paperbutt. 

We were just there last week on a road trip.  A bit to early but we got the infamous cabin #9.  I hope your weather is as good as ours.  We were there on a Sunday night and were lucky enough to get paid a visit by the burger food truck.   An excellent burger and fries if you get the chance. 

IMG_20190908_183455959.jpg

• Like 1

Very excited to be planning an early Wednesday departure for Torrey - I've been reading about it and looking at your pics for years, but I've never been to this part of Utah at all :)

I should arrive Thursday evening but I don't have accommodations set up until Friday night. If anyone has a spare bed/bit of floor/couch, I'd be very happy to sublease it from you for the night. 

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing you all and doing some great riding :)

-josh

...aaand I'm out.   :-(

I called Michelle today to cancel my booking, hopefully someone who was on a waiting list got the room.

Just couldn't make it happen.  I was really looking forward to this one.  Oh well...

Mikko

21 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Very excited to be planning an early Wednesday departure for Torrey - I've been reading about it and looking at your pics for years, but I've never been to this part of Utah at all :)

I should arrive Thursday evening but I don't have accommodations set up until Friday night. If anyone has a spare bed/bit of floor/couch, I'd be very happy to sublease it from you for the night. 

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing you all and doing some great riding :)

-josh

The couch in Cabin#9 is available 

4 hours ago, Whip said:

The couch in Cabin#9 is available 

Sold!

Left a little later than planned this morning, and grabbed the wrong pigtail connector so no luck plugging in the heated jacket at the first coffee stop, but it’s a beautiful fall morning in western wa and I’m having a great ride. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else in a thousand miles or so. :)

• Like 1