IGNORED

Clock issue.

Woodchips

I was adjusting the minute number on the clock today, as I released the pencil tip at the correct time, the numbers kept advancing !!! They are still advancing almost 6 hours later 😳
Any suggestions as how to stop it?

Time travels fast!! I would get a bit of LPS spray on a q-tip and very lightly dab it on/in the hole. Get a paper clip and exercise it a few times so a very small amount gets in. You sure you didn’t leave some pencil lead in there and hang it up?

Just checked it again now, still advancing. 

While out there, I thought I would try and reset the hour time and discovered that depressing that button had no effect on changing the hour time !!! 

I put the trickle charger on and will look at it again in the morning. 

12 hours ago, Woodchips said:

Just checked it again now, still advancing. 

While out there, I thought I would try and reset the hour time and discovered that depressing that button had no effect on changing the hour time !!! 

I put the trickle charger on and will look at it again in the morning. 

Not surprised that the hour reset doesn't react, because the minute button is depressed and it is busy adjusting minutes.  I seriously doubt that adjusting the minutes has any affect on electrical use; probably draws the same as just displaying the time.

Have you tried tapping the RID near and around the reset button?  Maybe a drift or screwdriver. Something that allows you to direct the impact as close to the reset button as possible. The button is stuck pressed in. The shock of a rap nearby might shake it out.

Thanks for all the suggestion.

I just now went at it with a dental pick and managed to pull the button back out of the hole without scratching the panel. next time i will use a smaller instrument to reset it. (it seems to gain about 10 minutes  in 4 weeks) !!!

16 minutes ago, Woodchips said:

Thanks for all the suggestion.

I just now went at it with a dental pick and managed to pull the button back out of the hole without scratching the panel. next time i will use a smaller instrument to reset it. (it seems to gain about 10 minutes  in 4 weeks) !!!

Evening Woodchips   

(it seems to gain about 10 minutes  in 4 weeks) !!!-- You need to slow down, you seem to be riding faster than the Speed Of Time!

• Like 1

Good afternoon DR

LOL, it does seem that way sometimes. 

In hindsight I wonder if in resetting it last time it picked up a few minutes before the “pencil” released the button. Like me, the RT is getting up there in Kilometres and gremlins are starting to make their presence known😂

Wait until you see my next problem post😔

Ron

Yea, and don't press so hard ! 

I saw a guy once pressed really hard with a paperclip and the thing poked out the front of the fairing ! 

Take it easy, it ain't no HD, there's nothing on these bikes that has to be forced. 

Well, the shifter sometimes, and closing the gas cap after 20 years or so.

• Like 1