IGNORED

Re: Windshield and Visor Cleaner

Skywagon

I thought I would share something that might be useful.  I've been using Plexus for many years for the bike and plane as they share similar acrylics or plastic windows/shields...along with my visor.  I've been looking for a replacement to Plexus because from my point of view they've gone nuts on pricing. The good news is I found something.  The bad news is you may not be able to take advantage.

See link.  http://www.avlab.com/product_p/avl-cv-promo.htm

Clear View 15oz cans are almost half price of Plexus.  I used them today for the first time.  They worked great...in my opinion better than Plexus.  They have one cleaner that advertises safe for all plastics and is for taking off bugs.  I used it first today after a long ride to remove bugs and it worked pretty good.  I followed it up with the cleaner/polish for the windshield, headlamp guard, and my visor.  That worked really well

The link above has a sample pack of 6 items for $19.  Two of them are what I just described to you.  The other 4 items are different types of lubricants.  I haven't tried those.

No affiliation with these folks.  The good news is they are local to me so I picked them up in person for the advertised $19.  The bad news is if they ship them they have to add a $35 hazmet fee....hence it might not be a good deal for you with shipping.  However if you can find it in places local or someplace without hazmet it is worth it. 

A 15 oz can of Plexus is something like $23.  I got six items for $19.  Normal priced on the cleaning products is $10-14 on line. 

If you have used it tell me how you liked it long term.

Too bad about the hazmat fee, I've been looking for a Plexu$ replacement since the price gouging began.

Thanks Mike, 48 bucks for four 12oz cans, shipped! :thumbsup: Just don't hit the next day air shipping, $317.00 :eek: .

• Like 1

RinkyDink……. I have also used Lemmon Pledge for years...still do....but it really is a bit of a pain to get cleaned off and if you get it on your paint it really smears.  It doesn't harm anything but just a bit messy.  Plexus and Clear View work better IMHO...

Sky wagon, i figured it had to be too good to be true. I still have quite a bit of Plexus left. My wife's cousin owned a motorcycle parts and repair shop. He chose to retire so my “family” price was lost so I stocked up. I will be looking towards Avlab for future use. I noticed the hazmat went up to $37.50. 

Well, I didn't get anything dirty today but this product put a very nice shine on some twenty-seven year old paint! :thumbsup: On & off very similar to Plexus. Thanks David, and Mike, for the link without the up charge.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I just ordered a product called NOVUS.  Looked good at a recent WA rally.  I've done the lemon pledge thing.  Fills cracks but does not 'polish' them out.  It does shed water like crazy.