IGNORED

Forma’s Terra EVO ADV Boots

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

FORMA-INTRO.jpg

Forma turned the adventure community upside down when it released its Forma Adventure boot. The boot was a rugged touring-style boot with a lug-molded sole that was 100% waterproof for under $300. As the ADV segment continued to explode, riders asked for a more protective off-road boot that was waterproof. Forma listened, and created the Terra EVO, which debuted late 2017.

The Terra EVO is constructed from an oiled full-grain leather, DRYTEX Waterproof, with anti-bacterial insoles, unbreakable alloy buckles, and an Ideal welt sole with increased rigidity for a higher level of protection while riding technical off-road terrain. The boot incorporates a new FCS ankle support system that acts like a hinged-style boot and adds ankle support as well as CE-level protection. Put this all together and you have a moto-style boot with lots of room in the toe box for comfy all-day performance. Forma also believes in its quality control and includes a 12-month warranty.

FormaTerraEvo900BODY

First thing you’ll notice is that the boot is quality-made and looks ready for business. My first outing with the new Terra EVO was the 2018 March Moto Madness (MarchMotoMadness.com) in Tellico Plains, TN. As we all know, that time of year can be a little tricky as far as what Mother Nature decides to throw at us. Well, that year she decided to throw SNOWBALLS. After a frigid 300-mile ride we made it to Tellico and the weekend’s festivities were underway!

Besides riding in the cold I put them through the rigors of mud and water with several creek crossings and tons of mud on the trails and the event grounds, and my feet stayed dry and warm all weekend long. Just about every event we rode to on the east coast in 2018 involved rain of some sort and I’ve ridden in it all with the Forma Terra EVO boots—and not once did my feet get damp.

So far, I’ve had nothing but a great experience with the Terra EVO and would recommend checking them out if you’re in the market for a new pair of ADV dual-sport boots.

MSRP: $339

FormaBootsUSA.com

PROS:

• Affordably priced
  • Two color options
  • Lots of room in the toe box

CONS:

• Didn’t come out sooner
RrEExtOZlLo

View the full article