IGNORED

Givi v46 for RT

ScottM

Rumor has it that my long awaited RT will arrive this week. I'd like to put a Givi v46 on the tail, mostly based on comments on this board. The bike is the lighter grey (silver). Does anyone know if the Givi silver is a decent match for the RT?

This board has been extremely helpful to me in everything from selecting a dealer to learning a ton about a bike I have only riden once. Thanks.

Scott

I've not see the Graphite color in person, but based on pictures I'd say the Givi will be considerably lighter. The Givi silver is more closely matched to the silver of my engine spoiler. Is your engine spoiler black or silver?

R1100RT_Ray

I have a Graphite R1100RT. At Daytona bike week I bought the gray GIVI v46 for my wife's 2005 HD Road King Police bike. The color isn't very close to the color of my RT or, for that matter, it doesn't match the Harley. If she doesn't like it I'll move it to the RT. It holds a lot more than my BMW top case.

The great thing about buying it at a bike show is that they do free installation.

Rumor has it that my long awaited RT will arrive this week. I'd like to put a Givi v46 on the tail, mostly based on comments on this board. The bike is the lighter grey (silver). Does anyone know if the Givi silver is a decent match for the RT?

This board has been extremely helpful to me in everything from selecting a dealer to learning a ton about a bike I have only riden once. Thanks.

Scott

Scott,

Here's a photo of my new RT with the Hepco & Becker topcase. It's about the same price as the Givi, and comes in black or black and silver (shown).

I have only one quibble: I don't like having to use the key for opening and closing the latch.

John

Archived