IGNORED

6 digit tool numbers

danevans

Is there a resource to translate the 6 digit tool numbers to actual part numbers. My dealer has not been responsive to my requests. 

44 minutes ago, danevans said:

Is there a resource to translate the 6 digit tool numbers to actual part numbers. My dealer has not been responsive to my requests. 

Morning  danevans

Not that I know of but it's possible some casting numbers/tool numbers  have been referenced to part numbers on personally kept files.

You can try this web site__        https://www.samstagsales.com/bmwref.htm

If you are looking for specific BMW special tools then you can sometimes  Google --   BMW single-space then the tool 6 digit number (with no spaces in the tool number).

Explain what you are trying to do, maybe we can help you with it.  Some of my newer BMW Rep Rom's have the 6 digit tool number followed by the tool order number. (you sort of need to look it up by component that you are working on)- so to find a transmission tool you need to go to the transmission section, then click on the tools icon, then scroll around until you find  the tool that you need, or the 6 digit number that you are looking for.