IGNORED

Nav IV windscreen mounting bar compatibility?

blalor

Does anyone know if this BMW GPS bracket https://parts.maxbmw.com/a/BMW__/70579056__7317432/Mounting-parts--BMW-Navigator-IV/77_0323.html will fit a 2007 RT?  I suspect it will, but BMW only lists it for the 2010+ K26 models.  It's a bit more utilitarian and simplistic than the Migsel bracket, but about the same price.  I saw one in person and liked how it fit, but I don't want to buy it if it won't fit. 😬

I believe this is the same one:

P8020015.jpg.2af0cc67a1e79b3142ab0c52c4838279.jpg

5 hours ago, blalor said:

Does anyone know if this BMW GPS bracket https://parts.maxbmw.com/a/BMW__/70579056__7317432/Mounting-parts--BMW-Navigator-IV/77_0323.html will fit a 2007 RT?  I suspect it will, but BMW only lists it for the 2010+ K26 models.  It's a bit more utilitarian and simplistic than the Migsel bracket, but about the same price.  I saw one in person and liked how it fit, but I don't want to buy it if it won't fit. 😬

I believe this is the same one:

Afternoon Blalor

I can't confirm fitment on the 2007 1200RT but my BMW parts book shows fitment on the 2009 1200RT so 2007 - 2009 1200RT are pretty darn identical in the upper dash area so it s-h-o-u-l-d fit but that is only a guess based on a parts book call-out.

Thanks dirtrider. I see that migsel has a pivoting mount with versions split before/after 2010, but they also have the RAM one good for all years. 🤔 

I wonder how hard it’d be to make one… 😬

28 minutes ago, blalor said:

Thanks dirtrider. I see that migsel has a pivoting mount with versions split before/after 2010, but they also have the RAM one good for all years. 🤔 

I wonder how hard it’d be to make one… 😬

Afternoon Blalor

Making one would not be difficult but making one that doesn't start to rust at the mounting holes or under the mounting ears would be more difficult.

When I make motorcycle light mounts, brackets, or other hardware then  usually make it out of 300 series stainless steel & weld on it with matching stainless steel tig rod. Or, if very light duty then make it out of aluminum. 

On the few times that I use (or have to use) regular steel then I powder coat it but my powder coating equipment won't handle larger items so I am kind of limited there.

Oh, I didn't realize you did fabrication! I was thinking "I've got a MIG welder I haven't used much lately…". 😁

Just now, blalor said:

Oh, I didn't realize you did fabrication! I was thinking "I've got a MIG welder I haven't used much lately…". 😁

Afternoon Blalor

Yes, I used to weld on a lot alloy race parts, frame parts, suspension parts,  etc  (years go), I was a certified welder (needed to be for some of the stuff that I used to work with) but I haven't kept my certification current.  I can still weld pretty good  but I can't see worth a darn unless welding alloy or titanium )  so my welding helmet has more magnification than the Hubble.     

• Haha 1

BMW made small changes in much of the bodywork for the 2010 models (beginning with Aug 2009 production dates), which made me think it would not work on a Hexhead. BUT, although the instrument covers are different parts for the Hex and Cam models, they must share the same mounting holes since both versions use the same "Trim Panel Upper Part 46637682929 " (part  #1).For comparison, maybe someone here with a Camhead RT can verify the hole spacing and or angles at the mounting screws for you? 

image.png.5f6d1bbcd69dc637f88f02195227980c.png

EDIT: Now I notice that my Hexhead instrument cover reaches more of a peak at the center than the flatter Camhead cover shown above. Even if the bar fits, the Nav may be tilted to the sky...:(

• Like 1