IGNORED

K1100LT STEREO

drbaldyga

I JUST BOUGHT A 93' K1100LT TO REPLACE MY 81'R100RT. I WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE/UPGRADE THE STEREO WHICH CURRENTLY DOESN'T WORK. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?

Panasonic P7600MP MP3 CD head unit with a CDMR70 Marine remote. I've put this in both my K100RS and K1100LT. It takes a little work to do the remote mounting but the remote is TRULY WATERPROOF and though deisnged for a 2" hole can be modified to mount on the handlebars with about $15 worth of RamMount parts. The head unit will be about $100-125 in good used condition on ebay. Get the remote from Audio Allies for about $70. (Don't fall for the low price at Park Ave Electronics - they're shysters and you'll never get the remote.)

Plays MP3 CDs which you cna burn yourself and hold about 15 "normal" CDs worth of music. Doesn't skip and the backlit remote is easy to use with even wearing thick gloves.

Here's what the remote looks like mounted on my K100RS (Sorry, don't have a pciture of the K11LT setup yet.)

Another great thing about the P7600MP is that it has a high pass filter so you can cut out the lower frequencies and avoid blowing the puny 3.5" or 4" speakers to which a K11LT dash is limited.

stereo_remote.jpg

I actually have that one setup for either speakers (not good over 40 on that bike because they're really small) or headphones/earbuds. On the K1100LT, it works fine using the speakers without having to wire in headphones. Of course it also has front and rear channels in case you have the rear speaker setup for the topbox.

Archived