IGNORED

KTM 790 Adventure

RandyShields

Yep... looks like KTM might have hit the mark with this one.

Agile, with plenty torque and power, ok for street and ADV ready without being a heavy weight. :thumbsup:

fourteenfour

Oh my, the timing.  Looks like I will be able to see KTMs in person finally, or should I say easier.

My long time BMW, BMW-Ducati-Husqvarna motorcycles of Atlanta ,- dealer in metropolitan Atlanta just announced they will start carrying KTM in July. They currently carry BMW, Ducati, and Husqvarna. 

Oh, they are changing their name to Wooly's Cycles of Atlanta, named after the family that started and owns them.

Now I am curious if the motorcycle store up the street from them will keep KTM, that store is part of a chain of stores in the area and I have never found them an enjoyable shopping experience.

RandyShields
7 hours ago, CommuterChris said:

Oh my, the timing.  Looks like I will be able to see KTMs in person finally, or should I say easier.

My long time BMW dealer in metropolitan Atlanta just announced they will start carrying KTM in July. They currently carry BMW, Ducati, and Husqvarna. 

Oh, they are changing their name to Wooly's Cycles of Atlanta, named after the family that started and owns them.

Now I am curious if the motorcycle store up the street from them will keep KTM, that store is part of a chain of stores in the area and I have never found them an enjoyable shopping experience.

When they get their 790 Adventure, you need to go ride it and give us your comparison analysis to the GS 750/850.  Inquiring minds want to know!

Curious, what dealer are you talking about?  

Edited by Marty Hill
spelling

My dealer said they are sold out long before the arrive at the shop. Test rides virtually impossible around here.

On 6/28/2019 at 6:27 PM, Marty Hill said:

Curious, what dealer are you talking about?  

BMW Ducati Motorcycles ofAtlanta

Nice write-up on the KTM 790 Adventure/R in the current issue of Cycle World magazine.  It would seem from the evaluation that the R is worth the extra $1000.

• 1 month later...

Have bags will travel! :grin: If service requirements were reasonable, this'd be my dream motorcycle. Only problem is, I woke from that dream about five years ago. :java: :grin: I bet it's nice! :thumbsup:

b_min.jpg

Edit..."one of" my dream motorcycles...:rofl:

I sat on both models at BMW of Atlanta. There is a distinct difference the 790Adventure R is more dirt oriented and the Adventure more street. That said here is a review of the the more street oriented 790 Adventure.

790 Adventure (Street Version)

Difference that is readily apparent to me is the R model is much taller in the saddle. I like the R seating height because I of my long legs 35" inseam.

The GSA is starting to feel heavy to me and I have been eyeing the Adventure R.

Alan