IGNORED

1994 R1100RS Fuel controller suggestions?

Ralph1212

I ordered my AF-XIED through BBY.  I thought about doing a Bowden box retrofit.  But my thinking is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", though I may come to eat those words.  I'm very happy with my RS as it is, and I have neither the time nor the resources to have it torn apart and reassembled.  Please let me know how your project works out.

11 hours ago, Ralph1212 said:

I ordered my AF-XIED through BBY.  I thought about doing a Bowden box retrofit.  But my thinking is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", though I may come to eat those words.  I'm very happy with my RS as it is, and I have neither the time nor the resources to have it torn apart and reassembled.  Please let me know how your project works out.

Morning Ralph1212

That single cable system actually works OK (I never really minded it) but it takes special precautions & a good understanding of what it needs to function correctly, and what not to do during a TB sync  to make it work correctly.

It's fiddly to sync correctly but once you understand it's differences it's not that difficult to make work correctly. 

Once you understand  HOW to work with it, how to set it up, what not to do, & the order to do things in, then you can make it work as intended. 

The big problem is in people trying to use on-line TB sync info for the later boden box systems on the single cable system, or in trying to get the  curb idle balance too perfect at the expense of above idle (hot cable) cross side balance (not a lot of GOOD info online for syncing the single cable system "correctly"). Even most BMW dealers don't have the understanding, or the time, to do a proper TB sync on the single cable system.  

dirtrider,

I had seen your earlier comments along these lines, which is why I'm going to give the Bowden box setup a try. It's fairly simple to set up on the RT, and the bike is already apart so now is the time to do it. Anyway, I don't want to take over this thread so I'll move on. Glad yours is sorted, Ralph1212.:thumbsup: