IGNORED

RT luggage size

Rancity

I have side cases and a top case for my 2004 1150RT. I am looking for liners but am not shure what size cases I have. I am sure they are not the city cases but I do not know if they are 33L, or the extra large cases or if I am simply confused and do not know what the h!#$ I am talking about. Would someone school me on the different cases for a 2004rt?

I have side cases and a top case for my 2004 1150RT. I am looking for liners but am not shure what size cases I have. I am sure they are not the city cases but I do not know if they are 33L, or the extra large cases or if I am simply confused and do not know what the h!#$ I am talking about. Would someone school me on the different cases for a 2004rt?

Hmmm..Well, I had city cases on my RT-P and I think you would know if you had those. The City case lids are not wide (deep) at all, about 2". I just put Touring lids on so if you measure the the lid's depth from the outside by putting a tape measure in the gap between lid and case and pull it out while looking down over the top of the lid, mine measured roughly 7 3/4". If your measure is similar you have touring lids. If between the 2" of a City and the 7 3/4 of the Touring, you have a Standard lid. Sorry, I don't have one of those to check. The cases are the same size, the lids are interchangeable.

ShovelStrokeEd

If you can't get a full face helmet in the side bags, you have the standard lids.

Actually, depending on your vendr, you can just get the expandable bags and, if you have the standard lids, just don't open the zipper.

I use 40 liter Give E360's on my Blackbird and VFR, BMW system cases on the 1100S, I much prefer the Givi's just for the fact I can put a helmet into one. It is not a problem if you have a top case but there again, the Givi V46 beats the BMW bag all to hell. We woun't even discuss the E52, you can put a litter of Labbrador pups in there and they will still have room to grow for a few months.

Sorry for the hijak. blush.gif

Archived