IGNORED

'04 R1150RT and PIAA 1100 wiring

Lineareagle

Lineareagle

I am sure this has been answered before but my search reveals nothing.

I just picked up an '04 1150RT and installed the PIAAs however, I don't know where to hook up the white trigger lead to a keyed positive. I can't afford the auto switch now so would like to just get it up and running for now.

Anyone tell me exactly where to find the keyed +? Please. crazy.gif

This just means power than comes on when the key is turned on.

The fancy way is to get an add-a-circuit and fuse from the auto parts store and plug it into fuse position 4(?) the horn fuse.

The quick and dirty way is to pop off a mirror and tap one of the front turn signal power wires.

-RickP.

I was planning on running my lights to the switch that controls the fog lights.

Anyone see any issues running the wire that powers the relay from there?

M

I was planning on running my lights to the switch that controls the fog lights.

Anyone see any issues running the wire that powers the relay from there?

M

Nope. Should work fine.
Joe Frickin' Friday
The quick and dirty way is to pop off a mirror and tap one of the front turn signal power wires.

The turn signals are ground-switched?

Blue Beemer Dude

The turn signals are ground-switched?

I don't think so. I think he just wants to blink the PIAAs so that people will notice he's about to turn. Of course, that would only work on the side that he's wired into, so on just left turns they will blink. Hmmm. confused.gif That doesn't sound very good.

Maybe he could go off of the low-beam lead (I think it's a white wire) instead?

Michael

Well I went the relay-triggered aux. fuse box, but isn't there a before and after switch power wire in there?

I don't have a factory radio, but I do have a blue plug and it's on all the time (I use it to power GPS). Is that going to work? Discrete electronics, my head hurts.

-RickP.

Lineareagle

Well, that started the brain cells working. I remember the manual saying the 9th fuse in the block was free so I checked it out. It is switched to the ignition! so I took a fuse cut off some of the plastic on the top, drilled a small hole and soldered the wire to it. Made and extra just in case. Voila, switched lead to the PIAA switch and fused to boot.

Thanks all,

I am going to check out that radio plug for my GPS.

Great stuff, gotta love this forum! clap.gif

Archived