IGNORED

GPS Cradle Malfunction

RTJohn

The cradle for my BMW Navigator has developed a glitch. It won't release the GPS. It worked in the morning, that afternoon it wouldn't release my GPS. Nothing I tried worked. The GPS is now a permanent attachment. Any ideas?

31 minutes ago, RTJohn said:

The cradle for my BMW Navigator has developed a glitch. It won't release the GPS. It worked in the morning, that afternoon it wouldn't release my GPS. Nothing I tried worked. The GPS is now a permanent attachment. Any ideas?

Evening John

I have heard of this happing to other riders but unfortunately I don't remember the solution.

My guess is that your BMW dealer has seen a few with similar stuck GPS cradles so maybe try calling your BMW dealer to see if they have a simple solution to get it free.

if you cant free it up, then you can get to the inner works by starting a logical removal of windshield and a couple of panels.  It's real obvious once you start on what to take off.  Mine did that when about a year old.  I took the panels off and found a piece of the plastic that slides back and forth was hanging up.  I added a couple of small rubber washer and created some room for it and it has worked fine ever since.

• 1 month later...

So I managed to removed the GPS with the cradle still attached. I took it to Burbank BMW. The guys there, mechanics, techs, etc, tried for over an hour to figure out what was wrong, to no avail. Ive since reinstalled the GPS, it still works, but another problem cropped up.