IGNORED

‘04 aux lights.

kruuuzn

Hahaha........did you tell her it was because green is scientifically proven to be more noticeable???

LOL

I knew you'd get a kick about that since I said I didn't think mine had a green tint to them. I was so obviously wrong, evidently. Hah!

Miguel

• 1 year later...
NOLONGERRELEVANT
On 6/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Miguel! said:

I've been obsessed with lighting for years.  I've tried a few things to upgrade the lighting on my 01 R1100RT. I swapped out the headlight for a Cyclops 10K LED. 10,000 Lumens on low and hi beam. I was not hot on it initially because it uses a fan but my local independent BMW mechanic says he puts them in all the police bikes they have held up well. I've been running mine for about 1500 miles. No problem. Its very bright white. So far I recommend it for $79.

Was there any special skill to install the Cyclops or just plug and play?  Did you have to add any relay?

Not really. You do have to trim the rubber boot to fit around the connector bulb to make it water tight. There's also a separate controller that needs to get mounted someplace. I zip tied it to a frame strut holding the front fairing. I'll photo the set up for you tmw. It's only 38 Watts which is about 55% of the power used by the incandescent (which is 55 Watts on low, 60 Watts on high). It uses 38 Watts in both high and low. In high beam, it reduces the power to the low beam but both LEDs are on. Miguel

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2019 at 1:28 AM, AndyS said:

STOP RIDING ON HIGH BEAM DURING THE DAY. IT IS OFFENSIVE TO OTHERS. MUCH LIKE SHOUTING OR TYPING IN CAPITALS.

Brits are sooo obsessed with being proper. Much like your justice system that is sooo messed up. How do you know its offensive, have you taken a pole?  

More light is a good thing, especially with idiots on the road texting and not paying attention. I also ride with my hi beam on and have never been blinked at.