IGNORED

Tire Question

Joe Coastie

Joe Coastie

Found a bolt sticking out of my rear tire when I got home from a short fide.

I'm running Metzeler Roadtec Z6 front and rear.

If for some reason I can't repair the tire, what would be a good replacement that's compatible

with the Z6 on the front.

Riding a '98 R1100RT

Thanks

Joe Coastie

The tire was repairable.

Two days of riding around still holding 42 psi.

It seems the rear Z6 is no longer available.

Next tires will be either Z8s or angel gt.

The BMC in me was going to thank all who responded with suggestions for a replacement, but I will refrain.

3 minutes ago, Joe Coastie said:

The tire was repairable.

Two days of riding around still holding 42 psi.

It seems the rear Z6 is no longer available.

Next tires will be either Z8s or angel gt.

The BMC in me was going to thank all who responded with suggestions for a replacement, but I will refrain.

Afternoon Joe

Try Revzilla, they just had a sale on the  Z-6 (not sure if they have your size but worth a check). The Z-6 'IS' getting difficult to find.

Joe Coastie
3 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Joe

Try Revzilla, they just had a sale on the  Z-6 (not sure if they have your size but worth a check). The Z-6 'IS' getting difficult to find.

I checked all the sources I do business with, evidently they are no longer in production.

It's a shame, good tire at a reasonable price.

Thanks

At the suggestion of a local BMW mechanic, I tried the Metzler Roadtec 01 tires.  Wow, these tires are fantastic!  I have never experienced tires that inspire so much confidence on winding country roads.  I have about a quarter inch chicken strip, front and rear, and I do not consider myself to be a particularly aggressive rider.  I have 6500 miles on my tires right now. The front tire is starting to cup a bit, the rear looks good.  In my experience, I prefer the Roadtec 01 over Pilot Road 2, PR3, PR4, and Pirelli Angel GT.