IGNORED

Autocom Super Pro AVi and Static on R1200RT

damien

Just fitted this to a R1200RT - and what a great piece of kit! However, I'm picking up static, which only occurs when Part 67 is plugged in (the lead to the radio). The static stops if I unplug the lead, or if I turn ON the radio (even with zero volume). A shielding issue, methinks, but has anyone else had this problem? confused.gif

John Bentall

Damien , welcome to the board. Would you like to fill in your profile so that we can tell where you are?

The new box is full of tricks, but have you tried calling the factory? It might we something to do with the Autovox setting leaving the microphone open, but I am really guessing here. The factory are the experts so give them a try. Let us know if you draw a blank.

Damien, this sounds a lot like a grounding issue. Without seeing things or hearing it I couldn’t be certain. You should make sure your set-up is grounded before doing anything else.

Damien I'm haveing the same problem with part 67 on 1150rt.Talked to the folks at Top Gear and got some ideas for cures, repositioning or shielding lead or a bad lead is what I got from my conversations with them. I will keep you posted with any findings. Good luck Mike

Feedback so far from AutoCOm is that I simply need to reposition PArt 67. Easier said than done, but will post improvements, if any, over the next couple of days

Damien I'm haveing the same problem with part 67 on 1150rt.Talked to the folks at Top Gear and got some ideas for cures, repositioning or shielding lead or a bad lead is what I got from my conversations with them. I will keep you posted with any findings. Good luck Mike

It's amazing how "loud" or "noisy" our BMW's are electronically. Repositioning a cable can usually provide a dramatic improvement if by moving it you end up shielding it from the offending electronic source.

It might be a bad cable, but I would doubt it. Autocom's warranty claims rate is less than 1%. That's not a warranty cost rate, that's the much higher "claims" rate. Pretty impressive. Still, that's not to say you might not have something that needs replacing. Just that it should probably be your last resort.

Archived