IGNORED

MOTOZ Tractionator GPS

Foot

I don't have enough tread left on the Anakee Adventure to make the 3,500 miles I plan on doing at the UN. So I went for a tire with extreme tread depth. The MOTOZ Tractionator GPS. I have read and watched some good reviews on the tire. My friend in Chattanooga pulled a set at 8,800 miles to do a big trip. He said he thought he could get another 2K out of them.  Here are pictures of the MOTOZ tires sitting next to the Anakee Adventure that had 2,567 miles on them.

20190606_113945.jpg

20190606_114100.jpg

• Like 1
RandyShields
On 6/7/2019 at 9:28 PM, Foot said:

I don't have enough tread left on the Anakee Adventure to make the 3,500 miles I plan on doing at the UN. So I went for a tire with extreme tread depth. The MOTOZ Tractionator GPS. I have read and watched some good reviews on the tire. My friend in Chattanooga pulled a set at 8,800 miles to do a big trip. He said he thought he could get another 2K out of them.  Here are pictures of the MOTOZ tires sitting next to the Anakee Adventure that had 2,567 miles on them.

20190606_113945.jpg

20190606_114100.jpg

Wow!  That is some serious tread depth.  Looking forward to your report on how they work on the road.

I think the trip to the UN should be a good benchmark for them. I will report back after I return.

Alan

Be Interested to hear what you think of them, Alan. My next tire was going to be the E07 by Mitas. I was told they softened the compound in the "plus version" for better grip, but it costs you in longevity. :dontknow:

s-l300.jpg

52 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Be Interested to hear what you think of them, Alan. My next tire was going to be the E07 by Mitas. I was told they softened the compound in the "plus version" for better grip, but it costs you in longevity. :dontknow:

s-l300.jpg

Morning  TEWKS   

I have been running the E07 on one of my smaller dirt bikes for a while now. I have mixed feelings on them.

Fairly quiet on the pavement, so far fairly decent wear (not a lot of rubber thickness on the front so they lose tread height quickly but then seem to stabilize at a low tread height).

For the road part  (wear/noise/dry road handling) part I am fairly pleased.

Good part is that I am not seeing any strange wear patterns, cupping, feathering,  or tread cracking (very even wear so far)--And I am very hard on tires as I push the XXXX crap out of them.

BUT!, not all that happy with them off road-- They work OK on hard pack dirt, rather poor on gravel, even worse on loose gravel, & not good at all in deep sugar sand.

I could probably live with the rear E07 but not the front E07 as I can ride around the rear traction issue but can't easily ride around the  lack of front off-road  traction stability & steering control.

I bought the E07 as a test (based on others reports)  but I don't like them nearly as good as the Continental TKC 80's that I have used forever so I'm going back the TKC 80 next tire change.

I will probably need a front way before I will need the rear so I will probably put a TKC 80 on the front &  use the existing E07 on the rear for a while (to continue the test).       If this works out then it might be the way I continue as I tend to get some tread cracking between the knobs on the rear TKC 80 as I abuse the rear tire a LOT.

I haven't reversed the E07 like I do with the TKC 80 as I usually reverse the tire direction about 1/2 way through the TKC 80 tread life to even out the angular knob wear. 

Great info DR, thank you! :thumbsup: I can give up a little one way or the other but want them to last if I do that. I.e. tightwad. :grin:

• 4 weeks later...
RandyShields
On 6/9/2019 at 10:26 AM, Foot said:

I think the trip to the UN should be a good benchmark for them. I will report back after I return.

Alan

Alan, what do you have to report?

3500 miles on the tires and I am impressed with them. The front tire looks almost new and there is 7mm of tread depth left on the rear. They handle great in the twisties, are good on wet roads and steel decked bridges. I managed to cross 6 steel deck bridges on the trip to the UN.  In dirt they are really planted until you hit the real deep soft stuff or mud, but unless you are running a full knobby tire most tires have this problem.  I do have a little squaring off of the rear tire but even on back rounds to and from the UN we did a lot of straight road driving. The only thing that is maybe unique to them is a front end shimmy for the first 10 feet of travel and the last 10 feet before a stop. I think the alternating tread blocks fight for which direction they want you to go. I got used to this and it's completely gone once you start moving. I will put these on the bike again.

If you are interested in buying I recommend going thru Pacific Powersports. They don't charge tax like other suppliers do.

RandyShields
On 7/5/2019 at 9:03 AM, Foot said:

3500 miles on the tires and I am impressed with them. The front tire looks almost new and there is 7mm of tread depth left on the rear. They handle great in the twisties, are good on wet roads and steel decked bridges. I managed to cross 6 steel deck bridges on the trip to the UN.  In dirt they are really planted until you hit the real deep soft stuff or mud, but unless you are running a full knobby tire most tires have this problem.  I do have a little squaring off of the rear tire but even on back rounds to and from the UN we did a lot of straight road driving. The only thing that is maybe unique to them is a front end shimmy for the first 10 feet of travel and the last 10 feet before a stop. I think the alternating tread blocks fight for which direction they want you to go. I got used to this and it's completely gone once you start moving. I will put these on the bike again.

If you are interested in buying I recommend going thru Pacific Powersports. They don't charge tax like other suppliers do.

Great report Alan.  Thanks.

• Like 1