IGNORED

Replacement bulb for PIAA 1100

Doug 55

Hi,

I have not been able to find these after web search etc. To my knowledge they are a PIAA 15352  "1100X Super White Dichroic Replacement Bulb 55W=85W"

They are not just the bulb but a bulb + lens as one unit.

Any ideas  where to buy these would be greatly appreciated since I have these on my 1150RT and 1150GS.

Thanks, Doug  

• 9 months later...

So I was looking for a set of PIAA 1100x bulbs with no luck ;( , According to PIAA they have been discountinued for 4 years 

What I was able to do  was find a MR16 LED Bulb  ( according to PIAA this is the bulb they used )

(I got the" FELT Electric LED Landscape 50 watt Bright white")  there are rated for ( outdoor ) garden lights.

I took out the old bulbs , carefully ( with an exacto knife thinnest blade you can find ) cut the caulk that holds the PIAA dome cover to the bulb, go slow and be patent the dome is glass and will crack and chip if you force it to much ( small chips are not the end of the world because of the way the housing works )  , it also has a ridge on the inside so you can't just poke the blade thru :) .  

Then I ran a bead of clear silicon caulk around the lip of the PIAA dome and set the bulb on it ( a small plastic measuring cup holds the dome perfectly ) There is a metal retainer the holds the lamp to the dome , there is also two silicone pads that you reuse. 

These are 3000K so they are more yellow ( to my eye )  than the PIAA lights and 550 Lumens and 40 degree spread , I like what I see in the garage so far they are much cooler to the touch also. 

Sorry I don't have more pics my phone died mid project but here is the finished look and the inside 

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

• 2 years later...

WOW!  First post and I am happy to be here.  I NEED HELP WITH THE PIAA 1100 ISSUE, and I think Rider 1260 has the answer.  I have located the bulb at the HD, but I would like some more information about exactly how you separated the lamp housing and the bulb....I think I understand, but I really do not want to crack the lens.

Also, did this work - I see this post is a bit dated.

Thanks!

jason

2004 GS1150r