2006 1200RT Battery Charger

Aquabud

What are you looking for?

It exists. You need to do a magic dance to get it to work. And it's about 3x the cost of a battery tender which can be safely hooked direct to the battery.

I use the one recommended by BMW (Grey) Just plug it into the accessory plug turn on the key, wait for self-test of bike, then turn off key. For me, it is easier than removing the seat,hooking up the positive/negative then removing the positive/negative and replacing the seat.Where do you store the seat while it is being charged? If there are any issues with the battery or Can-bus during warranty, the dealer cannot say it was because you used the wrong charger. thumbsup.gif

1. key on

2. connect charger to bike

3. apply power to charger

4. Key off

The guys that use a charger directly to the battery might have a pre-wired connector in a spot that is easier to get to than going to the battery directly.

I use the one recommended by BMW (Grey) Just plug it into the accessory plug turn on the key, wait for self-test of bike, then turn off key. For me, it is easier than removing the seat,hooking up the positive/negative then removing the positive/negative and replacing the seat.Where do you store the seat while it is being charged? If there are any issues with the battery or Can-bus during warranty, the dealer cannot say it was because you used the wrong charger. thumbsup.gif

Yikes!... if this isn't an example of technological overkill, I don't know what is! All this just to do exactly the same thing as connecting a charger direct to the battery. Seems to me that it is just as easy to wire in a plug to the battery, once, and after that all you need to do is plug in the charger.

Bob.

The guys that use a charger directly to the battery might have a pre-wired connector in a spot that is easier to get to than going to the battery directly.

Um, ya. ;)

Actually if you use heated gear you might want a similar direct connection to the battery. Dare I say one could use the SAME connection?

Many have connected the rear accessory plug directly to the battery (disconnecting it from the bike wiring). This way when you want to use a Battery Tender or air compressor, just plug it in the rear. I plan to install one in that manner when I get around to it.

Archived