IGNORED

Autocom replacement?

Marc

I have been using autocom since the 90’s. My wife only rides once a year on a rental destination. I install on rental helmets and use the 9 volt to power. We are traveling to the alps this summer and i am wondering if there is an alternative. I am potentially looking for a replacement. Please let me know if you have any ideas for this once a year use. Thanks. 

• Marc changed the title to Autocom replacement?

What are your inputs, what are your outputs, and who are you trying to communicate with, or are you just wanting to integrate several signals to yourself?

Based on your post:

I'm thinking the primary goal here is rider to pillion communication.  Any other inputs:  music, gps, phone, CB or FRS/GMRS or bluetooth?  Any need for bike to bike communication (b2b)?

If no b2b I'm thinking maybe an entry level bluetooth communication setup like from Sena or Cardo or others.  It could get even simpler, depending.  For example, when riding alone my gps functions as my integrator, handling the gps voice, music and phone.  

I only plan on communication with my wife and music only. Don’t really need bike to bike. 

Looking at Sena but don’t know which model. 

I just converted from Autocom to Cardo (bluetooth) this year (since my new phone doesn't have a headset jack).

Very, very happy with it. Some weirdness related to the (Android) phone, but the convenience of no wires is awesome. Throw in the OOTB support for earbuds, and I'm a very happy camper. 

I commute 95%, so solo, no bike to bike, used for music primarily, with navigation overlay, and occasional answering the phone.

Android Auto really helps with large buttons if I need to actually look at the map rather than just listen to directions or texts.