IGNORED

Summer riding gloves suggestions

tcshooter

I am looking at getting a set of gloves for the summer season, as it is already 90 degrees here. I am looking for some form of mesh gloves with armour or some version of protection. anyone have any suggestions?

for you folks who don't wear waterproof gloves, what do you do when you run into a summer thunderstorm? Do you have some favorite waterproof glove overcovers (is that a word?) or a waterproof glove that you buy oversize to fit over your regular summer gloves? And how many sizes should you go over, to fit waterproof overgloves over your regular gloves, just one or two sizes over?

Another vote for Lee Parks Deer Tours. I keep and extra pair at the bottom of my "spares" bag just in case I lose or misplace the other pair I'm wearing. dwillie.

for you folks who don't wear waterproof gloves, what do you do when you run into a summer thunderstorm?

I carry an extra set of waterproof gloves with my rain gear. I use BMW summer rain gloves. They keep my hands dry and haven't failed me yet.

72-60-7-669-442.jpg

circuitrider

I have a pair of these Cortech GX Air Gloves. I like them very much but I should have bought a larger size. The sizing chart recommended a Large size which fits perfectly until I put my hands around the grips. Then they get a little tight across the back of my hand. I'm thinking about ordering another pair in an XL size.

You folks will probably laugh at this, but I'm a big fan of my BMW summer rain gloves. I've had them out often in 90+ degree weather. They seem relatively breathable as well as water resistant(hands have never gotten wet while wearing these gloves, but you never know...) in heavy rain.

I am looking at getting a set of gloves for the summer season, as it is already 90 degrees here. I am looking for some form of mesh gloves with armour or some version of protection. anyone have any suggestions?

For several years I've used Olympia 710 Gel reflector gloves. They're reasonable ($27.99 at Motorcycle Superstore)

The gel palms are great for helping absorb vibration or bumps, the the lycra panels are very airy for warm weather riding.

Another vote for Lee Parks Deer Tours. I keep and extra pair at the bottom of my "spares" bag just in case I lose or misplace the other pair I'm wearing. dwillie.

Ditto the Lee Parks gloves. I initially thought they'd be too hot for summer riding but found just the opposite. They have a very wide temperature range. I have several gloves, mesh, cowhide, deerskin. None fit like these do. I always wear the Lee Parks gloves unless it's raining or very cold. Then I get out the IXS rain gloves.

for you folks who don't wear waterproof gloves, what do you do when you run into a summer thunderstorm? Do you have some favorite waterproof glove overcovers (is that a word?) or a waterproof glove that you buy oversize to fit over your regular summer gloves? And how many sizes should you go over, to fit waterproof overgloves over your regular gloves, just one or two sizes over?

I usually ride with three pairs of gloves. The mesh, and two pair of waterproof gloves. If it is cold out, I have two pair of heavy waterproof gloves that I will take. Swapping to a pair of dry gloves can make a miserable ride fun again. They take up so little room, There is really no reason to not carry at least one spare.

There's nothing better for the job than Aerostich's Elkskin Ropers.

The elkskin breathes and allows circulation, is luxuriously soft, and tough as nails. The non-gauntlet version allows air circulation up your jacket's sleeves. I've got a bazillion pairs of gloves and these are by far my favorites . . . if you don't get these gloves, which sell for only $37.00, your life will never be complete. bncry.gif

I tried a pair of revit Hurricanes on a 9000 mile trip last July temps up to 106 degrees in the Dallas area and my hands were the only thing that didn't complain about the heat.

The elkskin breathes and allows circulation, is luxuriously soft, and tough as nails. The non-gauntlet version allows air circulation up your jacket's sleeves. I've got a bazillion pairs of gloves and these are by far my favorites . . . if you don't get these gloves, which sell for only $37.00, your life will never be complete. bncry.gif

I've got a pair of the elkskin ropers. I thought the same as you, until I tried the DeerTours. Have you tried the DeerTours?

Archived