IGNORED

Just got back to Illinois

What is it about coming home that is so comforting? Nancy and I, along with a couple we have known for over 55 years, travel together every year. This year it was my turn to pick the location and I wanted to go to Mt. Desert Island, Maine. We had a wonderful time. The park is fantastic. The weather was cool as spring had just begun there with the flowers popping up out of the ground and the trees starting to leaf out. Some rain, some wind, some sunshine. A LOT of seafood and food with blueberries in it: Pie, Pancakes, waffles, ice cream, muffins and tea are a few of them. I had lobster, lobster bisque, clam chowder, lobster rolls, mussels and salads with lobster. Add a couple of beers and my weight loss was shot to heck as I gained 3 lbs during the week. It will be worth all the effort to lose it as I wasn't going to Maine and not enjoy all of the local favorites.

Bar Harbor is just starting the season this weekend. How did I know? They turned the parking meters on! Gotta get those tourist for every $ you can. Parking on the street is $2/hour. No parking garages, metered on street parking extends for several blocks from the harbor.

Got up in the dark at 3:30 to go to the top of Cadillac Mountain for the sunrise.  https://newengland.com/today/travel/maine/sunrise-cadillac-mountain/

Here is the obligatory photo.

20190523_042751.jpg

20190523_042810 (1).jpg

20190523_045615 (1).jpg

• Like 4

"Just got home from Illinois"  Oh you almost had me digging out some old CCR music with that title. :grin: Great pics!! :thumbsup:

RandyShields

To, from, no matter.  Looks like you got to sit down and take a rest on the porch while looking out your back door of either location.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...