IGNORED

Another MC Magazine Bites The Dust

Yeeha Stephen

WOW ,.... too bad but honestly I did not like the new format.  But happy I did not renew.

Still love Rider and Road Runner.   Oh and the MOA Owners News of course. 

Not a surprise to me at all!  That used to be a good (IMO) magazine, and then they substitute content with fancy heavy paper, and tried to present (what they thought) quality photographs.  Heck, I buy magazine to read it, and not to look at pretty pictures, and so that was the end of my subscription.

I had a subscription that I let expire as the new format was more of a coffee table pictorial publication. Nice pictures, but light on content.

Antimatter

I'm a subscriber, but I wasn't going to renew.  The new direction of trying to be the 'Life Magazine' of motorcycle print didn't do it for me (there's a reason there is no more 'Life' magazine).  I applauded them for trying something different, but it wasn't working for me.  That will have me down to Motorcycle Consumer News (digital only), and Ride magazine from the UK (digital only, also).

On 5/26/2019 at 7:15 AM, RTinNC said:

WOW ,.... too bad but honestly I did not like the new format.  But happy I did not renew.

Still love Rider and Road Runner.   Oh and the MOA Owners News of course. 

I get three: Rider, Road Runner and OTL. Gave up on the MOA.

On 5/30/2019 at 7:43 AM, Bud said:

I get three: Rider, Road Runner and OTL. Gave up on the MOA.

What's OTL?  I also get the other two.

On The Level, club publication of the BMW Riders Association.

https://bmwra.org/

They split off from the MOA decades ago. Smaller group, smaller national rally better publication IMO than the ON. Member content.

sardineone

Some issues back Motorcyclist had not one real road test of a new bike with dyno, riding impression etc.  They deserve to go out of business not just out of print.  Remember when magazines routinely had 2-3 road tests of new bikes per issue???? They have reaped what they have sowed!

I believe that Motorcyclist started the downhill trend around the time that it was taken over by Cycle World.  I am very sure that the latest trends that had caused many of us subscribers to abandon the magazine was driven by Cycle World or the parent corporation.  Cycle World used to be OK also, but not as good as Motorcyclist (IMHO), and it had made the same change to its format just after Motorcyclist.   Too bad!

Bill_Walker
On 6/1/2019 at 3:31 PM, sardineone said:

Some issues back Motorcyclist had not one real road test of a new bike with dyno, riding impression etc.  They deserve to go out of business not just out of print.  Remember when magazines routinely had 2-3 road tests of new bikes per issue???? They have reaped what they have sowed!

They still do those tests.  They just only publish most of them on the web.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting in 1981ish ......Motorcyclist mag was my first and favorite for many years... NO Dirt Bike BS like Cycleworld.

Art Friedman was the man.

They did an issue on favorite rides and his answer has stayed with me forever.

"On my bike with my favorite pillion no place to go and all day to get there"

He later pissed me off when he they compared the FJ600 to the VFR500 and he chose the FJ....so I bought one. Later when it was time to choose the bike of the year he voted for the VFR. WTF?????... LOL

I remember when Nick Ienatsch with writing experience but little bike riding  history joined the rag and Mitch Boehm worked him from novice to track day instructor.

.....and I cheered Mitch when he fired Burns

I loved the back of the mag specs section. I think I had every bikes quarter mile time memorized. LOL

I just bought the last issue at the grocery store. It sure has a nice feel and look to it.

Time moves on...I am getting old

• Thanks 1