IGNORED

Boot rec.

Manuel

I just started using my RT to commute to work and need a recommendation for a new pair of boots. I currently have a pair of Alpinestars SM-X race boots and they are way to uncomfortable on this bike and are a pain in the butt to put on and take off when I get to work. I really need something that I can wear to into work or that I can change out of easily. I want something that has a reinforced toe and heel. So, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Manuel

I had a similar issue with riding to work. I wanted to lose the laced boots and the buckles, so I found these Sidi Thunder and have been very happy with them. I have not tested the waterproof factor, but friends with other Sidi's have told me it works as advertised.

circuitrider

I have a pair of Alpinestars Effex Gore-Tex Boots that I really like. They have velcro fasteners and a zipper down the inside to make them easy to get on and off. Being waterproof is a nice touch too!

I've just bought my 3rd pair of Sidi boots. My wife is also sold on Sidi. They have a variety of styles. Extremely comfortable.

I've just bought my 3rd pair of Sidi boots. My wife is also sold on Sidi. They have a variety of styles. Extremely comfortable.
Sidi every time, incredibly comfortable and totally waterproof (at least the ones that claim to be). Great for riding in and very good for walking in.

Look around for a set of Oxtar Matrix....

You may still find a bargain pair or two on the Internet. I have two pair (bought the second on sale) and they are VERY comfortable(even to walk around in), waterproof and EXTREMELY rugged (DAMHIK!!)

ncsonderman

I'll second the positive rating for the Alpinestar effex boots.

My wife says they don't look cool though crazy.gif Something about Napoleon Dynamite!

Totally waterproof and very warm. Not too bad in the heat either.

SIDI- I am on my second pair and they are better than any that I have owned (several other brands). The Sport Tepor has replaced the Champion that I now wear. Champions on closeout at New Enough for around $139.00. A great boot at a super price! Very versatile and comfortable, on or off the bike.

I have Sidi Sympatex boots. I've worn them in New Zealand in rain that would be referred to in the Southeast US as a "frog strangler"--boots are completely waterproof in rain so heavy that we could barely see the road. My buddy with BMW waterproof boot was wet to the bone before we arrived at Milford Sound.

In fact, the Sidi Sympatex are so watherproof that I used them as waders on a New Zealand fly fishing trip. Did not leak after hours in the water almost up to the tops of the boots.

Next, the boat are comfortable from the first time you put them on and are even great to walk in. I've had my pair for over fours years and they are very well made.

See

http://www.rcb.org/tb_newzealand/new_zealand.htm

http://www.citlink.net/~tandybozeman/Page1.htm

for photos of New Zealand trips.

Well, I tried almost all the recommended boots. I had problems finding representative samples of each boot in my size and I couldn't find a single store with Oxtars in stock. I did see a pair that a friend has and I might take the plunge and order a pair without trying them on. I did however go ahead and purchase a pair of the Rev'It Freestyle boots. Just as advertised they are comfortable and easy to get on and off. The protection is more substantial than I originally thought it would be and walking around in them is very comfortable. I feel a little naked without any shin protection, but where it covers, the Freestyle seems to have enough protection.

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments. Now all I need is a few weeks of good weather and money for gas!

Manuel thumbsup.gif

Been riding in these for a year for two simple reasons: Fit ME perfectly and construction. If they'd said "Fred's boots" and been the same, I'd have still bought them. Great walking around, not stupid buckles, waterproof, and extra leather, which conforms to you, not plastic cups which don't, in danger areas.

Key to me is construction, protection, and how they fit YOUR foot.

BTW, great price at the above. I paid full sticker. bncry.gif

Archived