IGNORED

Tank Bag Rack

LOU

My 2012 RT has the tank bag rack but its kinda ugly. Is there any problem with deleting it? My bike is silver/brownish with brown stripes. Is looks like the stripe continues under the rack I so guess it's finished under.

The tank bag rail bridges the gap between the side Tupperware and the center plastic that houses the fuel cap.

Here's what it'd look like without. Obviously this is one side, but you get the idea.

20190523_073335.thumb.jpg.1bd8c0e54b798af84f0d4d9df1b5ae0e.jpg

This rack is part of the system that makes the Hexhead/Camhead tank bag the best tank bag in the history of tank bags.  It's imho a major failing of the Wethead this system wasn't carried over to the new bike.  Can't imagine removing this rack, but I suppose you could paint it bodywork color and it might "look" better.

• Like 1

Thanks Ikchris. It would be great to find a BMW tank bag to fit for sure. Unfortunately my rack is cracked and broken near the fuel cap so I'm not sure painting would make it "look" better. Hoping to find a replacement through Beemerboneyard. 

18 minutes ago, LOU said:

Hoping to find a replacement through Beemerboneyard. 

Morning LOU

You might try E-Bay as there are usually a number of them listed there -- Put___     BMW 1200rt tank luggage rack    ___ in the E-Bay search box.

29 minutes ago, LOU said:

Thanks Ikchris. It would be great to find a BMW tank bag to fit for sure. Unfortunately my rack is cracked and broken near the fuel cap so I'm not sure painting would make it "look" better. Hoping to find a replacement through Beemerboneyard. 

If you get a tank bag rail and want a tank bag - I have 3  from used to like new.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Stonecritter
On 5/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, Indy Dave said:

If you get a tank bag rail and want a tank bag - I have 3  from used to like new. 

Still have those for sale? Pics? Description?

• Like 1

Stonecritter - I have 3 BMW tank bags: 1 x new, 1 x nearly new and 1 x well used. I'm out of town till Tuesday evening and will send you photos, etc when I get back home.