IGNORED

Home Safe from Torrey Thread

Home safely around 2PM today.  Great to see everyone again.  Cool and windy weekend as well as today.  

No-one was left to die, Pat. 

Home safely just about sunset last night. 

Like some others I left on Saturday to take "advantage" of what looked like a weather window.  But I have quite a few mountain passes to contend with on my way home, all of which had the potential for snow +/- ice.  My weather window was going to be cold, but hopefully not much precipitation. 

GoogleEarthTrackHome.jpg

Guess I chose right, since I had a total of about 90 minutes of rain/sleet/snow in my 1100 miles home.

But I had to wait both mornings until 9 to leave due to sub-freezing temperatures in my path.  Even at that it was 32º F at Raynolds Pass and about 150 miles in Montana it didn't get above 40ºF.  I never saw above 52ºF the two days ride home.  My archive-material heated vest earned it's keep. Montana had the "Caution-ice" signs uncovered through Raynolds Pass, the Elkhorn Mountains and Little Belt Mountains. I saw a total of about 15 motorcycles in the whole trip, but I was the only one in any of those mountain passes. 

20190519_RaynoldsPass01.jpg

20190519_RaynoldsPass02.jpg

20190519_RaynoldsPass03.jpg

20190519_RaynoldsPassDash.jpg

Mike Cassidy

• Like 3

Home safe today after an overnight stop in Mesquite, NV.  Got caught in some snow and slush getting back to the I-15. Good weekend, good people and good roads.  Is it September yet for the fall event?

• Thanks 1

I got home about 8:00AM today.    Thanks to Whip for his hospitality.  The terrain was incredible.  You'd never see anything like that in the eastern part of the country. 

IMG_0757.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
RecentConvert

Candi and I got home Monday evening about 9 PM.  The RT didn't miss a beat across I70 in the snow flurries and rain.

It was great to meet all of you!  We have booked our room for the fall ride.  This time we are going to ride Highway 12 and see the parks!

Terru

• Thanks 2

I think I enjoyed this Torrey as much as any of them because I got to show some newbs my favorite place to ride.  AND not only show them Torrey and the best roads in the US but also show off how we help each other, go out of our way for each other and laugh while we are doing it.

How many days till Fall Torrey?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
chrisolson
On 5/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, Whip said:

How many days till Fall Torrey?

Roughly 125 days or 3000 hours or 10,800,000 seconds

Just thought I would check and see how riding would be at Fish Lakes this evening. 

Spring is taking it's own sweet time this year. 

2019May27_FishLakesWebcam01.jpg.87b66c9bc24c5101ce17728509ecadf7.jpg  2019May27_FishLakesWebcam02.jpg

Mike Cassidy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1