IGNORED

Finally back on the road

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

It has been a weird winter and spring. It snowed again on Sardinia and hail stones in Rome yesterday. We have the heater on every night instead of the Airco!! And I am not a bad weather rider anymore. BTDT, no thanks. 

But I NEED to get miles, I know I am losing my touch and gone are the routine moves. 

Today the sun showed up at long last and the rain was promised to stay away for 2 days. 

So, after first dropping the bike in the garage..... don't laugh, ruddy motor mover conspiracy..... I got on the road to visit my model shop over in Foligno. Of course I took the long way home to get some miles and some hairpins.... 

I'll be making a few more trips before I take Nina along again.... 

20190516_151717.jpg

20190516_163126.jpg

20190516_171240.jpg

• Thanks 1

First pic...you need to work on your counter-steering. You’re doing it wrong. 😜

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Francois_Dumas said:

Maybe I shouldn't practice at 0 mph 😂

Best speed and place to drop the bike!:18:

• Haha 1

Tile nap? :dontknow: Hmm, no, dirt nap sounds much more adventurous! :spittake: 

Could the nap have anything to do with the throttle issue you're having? Doubt it, but...

Francois_Dumas
23 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Could the nap have anything to do with the throttle issue you're having? Doubt it, but...

No, the nap was totally due to my clumsiness 🤣🤣

I was thinking on the lines of something got tweaked because of the tip over, causing the throttle issues. But again, not likely.

Francois_Dumas
13 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I was thinking on the lines of something got tweaked because of the tip over, causing the throttle issues. But again, not likely.

Ah, no, the throttle issue occurred last year for the first time, long before the tip-over. But after that one time it didn't happen again until two days ago !

• Like 1

Re dropping bike in garage: BTDT. Things like that are embarrassing, especially if there are witnesses.

As I get older, I find it necessary to ride more, rather than less, to maintain my skills. I can't compensate with reaction time and strength (not that either was ever exceptional) the way I could 50 years ago.

• Like 2
Francois_Dumas
2 hours ago, Selden said:

As I get older, I find it necessary to ride more, rather than less, to maintain my skills. I can't compensate with reaction time and strength

True. But I don't find the time anymore as easily now that I am retired. The missus needs much more attention 😉😂😂

So, did I tell you about the time...   .... way back when our bikes lived in a cramped garage in Salt Lake City...  I was putting one of them on the lift and forgot to raise the side stand before rolling it up.  When I rolled it up the side stand hit and tipped the bike away from me.  I still had it, but was stretched off balance over the machine, barely hanging on, and losing the battle.  Sharon was on the other side of garage but couldn't make her way through the maze of bikes in time, and over it went... into the next bike, and that into another, and another, and I don't even remember how many went over altogether... It was a pile of RTs, GS, Super Tenere, and dirt bikes.  Took about half an hour to carefully separate them without damage.  

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Francois_Dumas said:

As they say.... shit happens 😂😂

And the man that inspired that slogan. Well, the movie version of it anyway. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
RandyShields

Funny story at your expense.  Thanks for sharing. 

BTW, in Torrey, Whip was singing your and Chris's praises for the successful conversion to the new site, and doing all the work.

Randy

Francois_Dumas
10 hours ago, RandyShields said:

Funny story at your expense.  Thanks for sharing. 

BTW, in Torrey, Whip was singing your and Chris's praises for the successful conversion to the new site, and doing all the work.

Randy

Hi Randy, thanks. It's all Chris' work, believe me! 😊👍