IGNORED

Retirement

mileypop

15 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Good for you! :thumbsup: I may have missed it but what are you retiring from?

I delivered grocery shopping to homes for Tesco, only 1 day a week for the last year. Just don't need to do it anymore. Was 25 years in deep coal mining prior to that....:19:

John Ranalletta

What mines?  Congrats on retiring.  My dad worked in the deep hard-coal mines in Illinois.

1 minute ago, John Ranalletta said:

What mines?  Congrats on retiring.  My dad worked in the deep hard-coal mines in Illinois.

UK mines, Bevercotes, North Nottinghamshire  & Asfordby, Leicestershire

• Like 1

I joined the all Saturdays club on April 01.  I thought I might miss it a bit but I seriously don't miss it and am doing all I can to erase it from my memory.  I have really really enjoyed my time and the ability to do what I darn well want to when I want to.  Congratulations and enjoy.

MariettaMark

Congratulations! It will be two years for me on the 17th and I'm loving it! Don't miss the corporate world at all!

42 minutes ago, RPG said:

When I finally retire I hope to open my shop working on Airhead's. Been my dream!

Ha you might see my '71/5 then as it has been scattered in my basement shop for too many decades!

There was another thread on this topic in the Full Throttle section (Micky Ds targeting older workers).  I am considering working retail part time in a big box or hardware store, similar to what Mileypop just walked away from, but last week a friend at our soon to be new home base in northern Wisconsin told me the area lacked a small engine mechanic. Also, the area will loose the only guy for 50 miles that works on boat motors as he relocates to be close to his children and grandchildren....Hmm, I still have all my accumulated tools, and then some, used as a motorcycle/small engine mechanic to pay for college (back when you could actually do that).  Might be a back to the future gig option for me there with the benefit of having more control of my hours.  I must admit though that my boat motor experience could fill a shot glass with plenty of room left for the schnapps!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RPG said:

congratulations!

When I finally retire I hope to open my shop working on Airhead's. Been my dream!

For many years it's been a "motorcycle tour guide" be it independent or working for a company, don't know. But, that's what I'd love to do. 

Mileypop,

Congratulations to you. Working one day a week isn’t much but, still, that one day stays in your mind.

I went from full time to part time  years ago. I worked 2 days a week for 8? years until I fully retired about

6 years ago. It took 6 months after full retirement to get those 2 work days out of my head. 

Ron C.