IGNORED

What Happened Here?

chrisolson
2 hours ago, Old_Mil said:

My account was gone

It may not have been gone ...  Are you saying that because the new software did not recognize your login information from the old board? There were some technical issues with a few members during the transition where that occurred but the account was still there ... just identified differently than expected.

Did you have a different email address with the original account other than the one you' ve listed now ?  Did create a new screen name when making this new account  ?

You can PM me the old information and anything else that you may have entered in your old profile such as location or occupation that would identify your account ...  let me do some investigation.

3 hours ago, Old_Mil said:

and it looks like a lot of the old posts are as well?

There was a planned re- structuring of the board and some forums and posts, by design,  did not migrate.

chrisolson
2 hours ago, Old_Mil said:

Ok...This email and my username are unchanged from what they were in the old days...

The email address is used as a unique identifier so if it already existed in the system database you should not have been able to create a new account using it.  Consequently, I have no explanation as there has not been a previous case reported of a user account not being migrated .... and there were over 27 thousand accounts moved.   

It is a puzzler .... if you don't mind ...  a couple of other questions that might help in understanding 

When you initially tried to log in, was there any other error messages different than a standard "The username or password was incorrect. Please try again (make sure your caps lock is off)."   and after trying all combinations which failed you decided just to create a new account  ?

More important: 

By chance do you remember the date you originally joined?  Month/Year (preferable) or just Year .  Additionally ...  do you remember the last date you logged on to the old board (even approximately, like was it last year or earlier) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't recall any unusual error messages.  Originally joined in...2002-2003?  I haven't been on in a number of years.

chrisolson
On 5/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, Old_Mil said:

Don't recall any unusual error messages.  Originally joined in...2002-2003?  I haven't been on in a number of years.

OK, ... no issue ...:)   seems things are working ok for you now.  It'l just remain a mystery as to what happened.