IGNORED

Timing Relay For Aux Lights

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Been meaning to do this for more than a few years.  Every once in awhile, only on the road in sub-40 degree temps (2017 Spring Torrey), the RT is reluctant to start.  My Hella DE lamps are triggered off the headlamp and the bike fires right up if I disconnect them.  I could go LED, but don't want to lose the unbeatable fog lamp cutoff I get with H3 bulbs in the projector design.  I burn holes in retinas if I flash someone back.

Solution: Added a 10 second timing relay.  Same pins as a standard Bosch type relay.  Plug and play in 2 minutes.  Bike starts, lamps come on 10 seconds later.  

Linky if anyone is interested. Timing Relay - 10 sec

I have another one on order that didn't show up yet that isn't in a standard relay package.  I'll keep that one in reserve.

1 hour ago, Danny caddyshack Noonan said:

Been meaning to do this for more than a few years.  Every once in awhile, only on the road in sub-40 degree temps (2017 Spring Torrey), the RT is reluctant to start.  My Hella DE lamps are triggered off the headlamp and the bike fires right up if I disconnect them.  I could go LED, but don't want to lose the unbeatable fog lamp cutoff I get with H3 bulbs in the projector design.  I burn holes in retinas if I flash someone back.

Solution: Added a 10 second timing relay.  Same pins as a standard Bosch type relay.  Plug and play in 2 minutes.  Bike starts, lamps come on 10 seconds later.  

Linky if anyone is interested. Timing Relay - 10 sec

I have another one on order that didn't show up yet that isn't in a standard relay package.  I'll keep that one in reserve.

Morning Peter

If your aux lights are triggered off of the HEADLIGHT then they should have gone off during engine cranking as BMW turns the headlight off during starter cranking.

If the aux lights are triggered off of the side-light then the delay-relay is probably a good idea.

• Like 1