IGNORED

Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - Sept 25-29 Ellijay, GA

Indy Dave

lawnchairboy
22 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I just did my my first START in Sparta and this will be my first FART so I guess I am in the clear.  Am I right?

No livestock for second timers...

• Haha 2
On 7/9/2019 at 8:21 AM, Chris K said:

Sorry William but we have distinct hazing  initiation rites for each event!        :18:

23 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Good!  That must mean I am in the clear.  Whew

Hmm... That's not the same comprehension I had after reading Chris K's statement.

6 hours ago, Charles said:

Are there still places available?

•  

Yes! It's best to make your reservations NOW and get the room you want. Kinsey has arranged a generous cancellation policy of 3pm the day before arrival! While we certainly don't encourage folks to abuse the policy, there's no risk to securing your room now if you're planning to attend.

4 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Hmm... That's not the same comprehension I had after reading Chris K's statement.

So, did I miss something at the START?   :5146:

terryofperry

William, your Splendid START will certainly lead to a Fabulous FART but you haven't passed gas yet. As Chris stated and Dead End Dave confirmed, STARTs and FARTs are "distinct" events. Don't worry though, Lawnchairboy said no large animals will be involved and he is a man of his word. 

Terry

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Mark Mikita

Hello all,

Mark Mikita here. I’m a new member. I was recently invited to attend FART by one of your regular riders and now plan to ride Thursday and Friday. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying some wonderful riding. See you soon.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Mark Mikita said:

Hello all,

Mark Mikita here. I’m a new member. I was recently invited to attend FART by one of your regular riders and now plan to ride Thursday and Friday. Really looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying some wonderful riding. See you soon.

Welcome to the club. 

Not to scare you off, but there will be fresher meat there (you) than me, so the elders can LEAVE ME ALONE!  (Those people know who I am talking about.)   :3:

See you there!

Cheers,

William

• Haha 1

Just warning you all I plan to attend, hopefully with Scott Keller.  This will be my 2nd Fall Tour. I am reading Jim Ford book on Riding Smooth so I have some things to practice.  See you all this fall.

• Like 1
On 7/10/2019 at 9:29 AM, ERdok said:

Reservations made - arriving Wed 9/25.

Great Rick - Thanks for making the time to join us again!

On 7/12/2019 at 8:52 AM, F16Viper68 said:

My reservations have been made.  Scheduled to arrive on Wednesday September 25th.  

Dave - Glad you're going to be joining us in Ellijay - as you know, like Sparta and everywhere else we visit, the riding will be exceptional (not to mention the company)! The added spectacle of William's double initiation will be exciting too! :4296:

On 7/12/2019 at 5:13 PM, Mark Mikita said:

Hello all,

Greetings and hello Mark! So glad to have you join us and kudos for jumping right in! It took me several years to attend my first FART, and I've not missed a START (our Spring version) or FART since. I trust you'll be just as taken by the riding, routes and company. Kinsley and I will be on the lookout for you in Ellijay, but please also try to seek us out as we can get side tracked. I'm the buff, handsome one, BTW. :18:

19 hours ago, EffBee said:

One of my favorite parts of the country.

And ours! Now that you're settled, does this mean you're road tripping to visit us?

1 hour ago, PhilB said:

Just warning you all I plan to attend, hopefully with Scott Keller.  This will be my 2nd Fall Tour. I am reading Jim Ford book on Riding Smooth so I have some things to practice.  See you all this fall.

Phil - Thanks for the warning! And I must say, joining Indy Scott  (who has ditched his FART bruised Triumph for a GS 'Sprinkler Head')  @foot  is a brave thing to admit to! Glad you can join us again and look forward to seeing you both then, if not before!

• Like 2
On 7/8/2019 at 6:09 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Dave, I think you should tell newbies about the first night initiation ceremonies.  I know we take an oath of silence, but....

On 7/8/2019 at 6:27 PM, wbw6cos said:

Does it involve free beer?

William - Here's a hint. @Endobobdds is ALWAYS looking for someone to cover the Pizza Extravaganza . . .  GUARD YOUR CREDIT CARD!!  :3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Reservations made!!   Looking forward to giving this thing a whirl on a GS instead of the Trophy.   Think Phil Bryant will also be there :)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Indy Scott said:

Reservations made!!   Looking forward to giving this thing a whirl on a GS instead of the Trophy.   Think Phil Bryant will also be there :)

I’ll be there

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

William - Here's a hint. @Endobobdds is ALWAYS looking for someone to cover the Pizza Extravaganza . . .  GUARD YOUR CREDIT CARD!!  :3:

I will have to put it on account.   Account I ain't got no money.  *badum tish*

• Haha 1
lawnchairboy
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, Mark Mikita said:

Hello all,

the initiation ceremony is not too BAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAAA D.

welcome.  I will prepare the ceremonial objects.

• Like 1

If you're like me, and I know I am, it's hot and the roads are too flat and straight around your home. That makes for some very warm and boring rides. Fear not, a Big FART is just 10 weeks away and is no doubt the cure for what ails you!

FACT: Did you know that 9 out of 10 endodds' on the board agree - the best way to get your pearly white smile to show itself is to join us in Ellijay and you'll be grinning from ear to ear!

1172018574_attendingjuly16.jpg.8582c1223b61468e374d18b76e6f4a33.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
added Indy Scott and RightSpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
steve.foote
On 7/10/2019 at 9:01 PM, terryofperry said:

William, your Splendid START will certainly lead to a Fabulous FART but you haven't passed gas yet. As Chris stated and Dead End Dave confirmed, STARTs and FARTs are "distinct" events. Don't worry though, Lawnchairboy said no large animals will be involved and he is a man of his word. 

Terry

Correct!  Armadillos are definitely not considered a "large" animal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
John Ranalletta
5 hours ago, RightSpin said:

Correct!  Armadillos are definitely not considered a "large" animal.

...have to clean up your act :)  Will be good to see her again.

• Like 2

Thinking about joining this little adventure.  Would be my first long ride, about 550 miles coming from Norfolk Virginia.  Anybody else coming down from  VA/MD that would like a ride along buddy?

• Like 2
On 7/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, EvilTwin said:

Thinking about joining this little adventure.  Would be my first long ride, about 550 miles coming from Norfolk Virginia.  Anybody else coming down from  VA/MD that would like a ride along buddy?

Kinsley and the rest of the FARTers would love to have you join us, consider the red carpet rolled out in anticipation of your arrival!

1720810895_attendingjuly22.jpg.da439ca1f4936e4cfd24b5bc50e84393.jpg

Looks like I will be celebrating my 73rd birthday (September 23rd) with Nancy and my family in Colorado.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bud said:

Looks like I will be celebrating my 73rd birthday (September 23rd) with Nancy and my family in Colorado.

You'll be missed, Bud.  I may or may not be having a birthday on the 25th.  

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Bud said:

Birthday's are nice - just had my 74th, however, not sure I would pass up a BMWST gathering to celebrate it.:classic_biggrin:

Bud - enjoy your day with family and hope to see you again sometime soon!

• Like 2

2004538464_count9.jpg.598724e8b3967829ebe40197f3f7f7a6.jpg

9 weeks till FARTing will be in full bloom... Ahh Ahh Ahhh! Make your plans, mark your calendar and reserve your room! Ellijay is a NEW location for us and it'll be a real cheek-flapper!  

Great to have you with us again, Randy! :18:

1970458323_attendingjuly27.jpg.6ea5c4971a86cc53eb645bb43c9946ed.jpg

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Aum said:

Made my FART reservations despite my FART reservations. ;-) 

Arriving Wednesday.

Mike

Woo Hoo! Glad to have you join us, Mike. You'll fit right in!

Mike and DyAnne - looking forward to seeing you again and I trust you won't be coming from Alaska this time!

As of July 30:

1912365299_attendingjuly30.jpg.efb2df1d208b8636c8800780f4e07c85.jpg

On 7/31/2019 at 10:03 AM, Panhandle Chuck said:

IN! Arrive 25th, depart 29th!

Panhandle - Would not be the same without you and The Florida Riders! :bike::5210:

Doug - I must say - your first post was worth the wait!! :18: Kinsley and I and the other FARTers look forward to meeting you!!

As Of Aug. 2:

884720157_attendingaug2b.jpg.d21a5bfe505dc6527b001f04c00f568d.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
Updated list
2 hours ago, Rhino said:

Another newbie here!  In the 25th to the 29th.

Rhino - I see you joined the BMWST Board in 2003.   Where have you been all this time! :)     Your profile tells us you are from Georgia but that is about it.   Want bike do you ride? Have you been riding since 2003 or before?   We do look forward to meeting you! :18:

12 minutes ago, tkljr said:

The 25th to 29th for me also.

tkljr - from Panama City - assume you are a friend of Rhino's -  same questions - what bike do you ride and how long have you been riding?  Look forward to meeting you both!:18:

I think we now have more attending FART '19 than we had at the UnRally.

36 minutes ago, Endobobdds said:

tkljr - from Panama City - assume you are a friend of Rhino's -  same questions - what bike do you ride and how long have you been riding?  Look forward to meeting you both!:18:

Yup, Rhino, Panhandle Chuck and others... 2019 F850GS (9th BMW in 47 years riding). 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Endobobdds said:

Rhino - I see you joined the BMWST Board in 2003.   Where have you been all this time! :)     Your profile tells us you are from Georgia but that is about it.   Want bike do you ride? Have you been riding since 2003 or before?   We do look forward to meeting you! :18:

I'm a professional lurker on this site.  I have managed to learn a lot!  I mostly ride with Panhandle Chuck, AUM (Mike), tkljr (Tom) and one other guy who will be with us as well.  He's not on the forum.  Look forward to meeting all as well!

2018 RT, started before 2003 that's just the year I bought my first BMW.  

• Like 2

I'm new to the forum and new to BMW's in general, so apologies in advance if this is an old or odd question.

What are the activities?  Where is the road map for a good run after everyone shows up?  Georgia does not hold good memories for me - It's well over 500 miles away, and my ex lives there.  The law is not friendly to fast bikers...  It's not like you are meeting up to run "the dragon" or "the pig trail."  Is it?

No offense intended, but it looks like a class reunion from 1984 - where everyone is old buddies except for me. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, dp-R1100RT said:

I'm new to the forum and new to BMW's in general, so apologies in advance if this is an old or odd question.  Welcome to the forum.  Odd questions are the norm.

What are the activities?  Where is the road map for a good run after everyone shows up?  Georgia does not hold good memories for me - It's well over 500 miles away, and my ex lives there.  The law is not friendly to fast bikers...  It's not like you are meeting up to run "the dragon" or "the pig trail."  Is it?  Endobob's Pizza Party on Thurs.    A dinner is also planned for Friday. 

Kinsley will post rides that can be downloaded prior to the FART.  Judging by the START rides (Sparta,) you will not be disappointed.  You can chose from a few and do not have to include the town where your ex may live.  Speed safely, or ride with a slower group or even solo.

No offense intended, but it looks like a class reunion from 1984 - where everyone is old buddies except for me. lol  No offense taken.  Good analogy.   I had some posting time prior to the START, which was my fist, but meeting all the faces with names and SCREEN names is sort of interesting and it felt like I was in the class.  It will not be long before you feel like you fit in.    Plus, there will be newer newbies newer than me. so I got that going for me, which is nice.   :3:

John Ranalletta
3 hours ago, dp-R1100RT said:

I'm new to the forum and new to BMW's in general, so apologies in advance if this is an old or odd question.

What are the activities?  Where is the road map for a good run after everyone shows up?  Georgia does not hold good memories for me - It's well over 500 miles away, and my ex lives there.  The law is not friendly to fast bikers...  It's not like you are meeting up to run "the dragon" or "the pig trail."  Is it?

No offense intended, but it looks like a class reunion from 1984 - where everyone is old buddies except for me. lol

GPS routes will likely be posted soon.  See the attached map from a past gathering.  If you show up and stand in a corner all by yourself, that will be your experience.  If you walk up to any person or small group, hold out your hand and introduce yourself, you'll be welcomed.  Typically, there are few riders who ride in small groups - no parade marshals needed.  The original and I think current intent behind these events is primarily to provide riding opportunities.  The social aspect is a small, but important part - pizza and beer one night, a casual group dinner another.  If you don't get back in time for one or the other because you found some great roads, you'll be congratulated, not scolded.  There are no group hugs and with the exception of one or two guys, we don't wash and polish our bikes between rides.:shake:

Hope to see you there.

UN XVI 2017 - Route Info Booklet.pdf

• Like 1