IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

Mentioned this before about my brother racing Supermodifieds. It’s really hard to find car #6 on the track. It’s long but the roar is worth a listen. 

I never saw this till today. 

Edit…a little bump at the 39:00 minute mark (#6 no paint)

• Like 1
On 8/30/2021 at 5:15 PM, BrianM said:

Don't really like the sound of current F1 engines. Preferred the V10s, V12s a close second.

This is a fun video - old so quality is not so good

Most amazing is the lack of rotational inertia - notice how quickly it gains and loses revs.

That was insane!

• Like 1

Picked up my new F150 about three weeks ago.  Sold my 2020 Ram 1500 and definitely don't miss it.  Three really annoying issues, 3.93 gears which was way too much for my needs, a 24 gallon fuel tank which was a pain in the ass when pulling a trailer, and the total ineptitude of the local dealer. I got 3000 more than what I paid for the truck, so good riddance. 

The order process for the new truck was too easy, only the options I wanted and the truck arrived 7 weeks later.  The 3.5 ecoboost is an amazing engine, stay out of the boost and I've seen 19mpg which is not bad for a big ass truck with 4wd.  Turn on the boost and the 400hp and 500 pound feet of torque are impressive.  Fit and finish of the Ford is also better than the Ram.  I think it's a looker as well!

20210911_113848_remastered.thumb.jpg.6f7a95233679b454df95aa78b357e1bd.jpg

• Like 6

Ya, the wife didn’t like her Ram. She does like the Sierra, I was really hoping that she’d  go back to Ford, but she wasn’t happy with the Ford test drive

On a 1k trip, the Sierra pull 25mpg, this with the 6.2.  Around town she does ‘bout 20-21. 

Still concerned about the transmission, has a slight vibe that the dealer cant seem to feel, and it was already an issue  that was addressed 

Nice looking truck all blacked out, not a fan of chrome we aren’t 

• Like 1

That Mike guy is such a trouble maker! :rofl:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e601fe4e0179b2a726729771079dba6.jpeg

If that Porsche deal I’ve been talking about turns to dust, I found someone else who will take the money. :dontknow:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

Me “Oh look a squirrel”. :grin: Those wheels are nicer than that NJ car. ;) I’m going to give him another week or so before I flush it. Felt comfortable knowing where and who had it since new, but can’t wait forever.

4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That Mike guy is such a trouble maker! :rofl:

image.thumb.jpeg.5e601fe4e0179b2a726729771079dba6.jpeg

If that Porsche deal I’ve been talking about turns to dust, I found someone else who will take the money. :dontknow:

Really like the white with the black out set!!!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I think if it had the 6.5 bed I’d of been all googly eyes. You know, something like this. :grin:

1E8D3B9D-FC83-4F1F-8B59-3C3852538F3E.jpeg

Talk yourself outta it. 

Gotta say, "how often do I need that much space".  If seldom, then does it really matter.  You can always get a bed extender for larger loads.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Had to stop and check this out

B4AB3EAD-7198-4373-A262-C30DA5DFBD8C.jpeg

576B7E40-1BC2-407D-8336-989255683B4F.jpeg

5B189B2D-D461-490A-8BFD-CD6322E8CF1F.jpeg

There's plenty of those about over here, weird looking thing. I take it that's a rare sight in the US ?

That's the only one I've seen , though I live in an area that is pretty back woods/water . Owner told me it was 1 of 200 made that year .2019 . Don't know if he meant U.S model or total.  

William , If your anything like me , ya just gotta pinch a little of the ole lady's milk money each week. It would only take about 25 years to hit that $160,000 mark.

It looks like it belongs in an amusement park ride.   Definitely need an orange flag on a long pole, similar to those found on dune buggies out west.  

Classic Clarkson.

14 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

We just picked this one up 3 weeks ago..... 2008 with 9089 original miles.....

What,.....was it stored since 2008,.....700 miles a year!!!

Just now, Rougarou said:

What,.....was it stored since 2008,.....700 miles a year!!!

Three year lease from new.... only put 6k on it. Then CPO purchased and averaged around 236 per year..... He told me his wife just never wanted to do any trips in it.

Octogenarian now so he sold it.

My wife on the other hand, she loves it!

7 minutes ago, 9Mary7 said:

Three year lease from new.... only put 6k on it. Then CPO purchased and averaged around 236 per year..... He told me his wife just never wanted to do any trips in it.

Octogenarian now so he sold it.

That's like buying a pistol and never shooting it,.....gotta put some rounds through the pipe!!!  I put more miles on my bicycle per year than that.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

I bet she does, great color too. Now take it out in the desert and drive it like it was meant to be : )

I've got an old R129 500 (kind of a beater but cheap) that's more fun than it should be, has the pre-97 4 cam and once it's moving is surprisingly strong. 550 motor is even better, believe it's pretty much the old bulletproof AMG55 updated.

4FE38CE1-2F7B-464C-AF3C-243B7D8CD513.thumb.jpeg.dc90feda973b9735e9757e0a0aa47dd8.jpeg

10 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

great color too

Yes it is..... Yours is also a nice color... rare. We had a r129 chassis that we sold last fall, a '97 SL320 40th anniversary.

IMG_2436.thumb.JPG.e5d7d480f80a0b7f70485accde03f509.JPG

Loved the car but my buddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

We both missed having an SL so I started looking back in June.

My patience paid off

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Yes it is..... Yours is also a nice color... rare. We had a r129 chassis that we sold last fall, a '97 SL320 40th anniversary.

IMG_2436.thumb.JPG.e5d7d480f80a0b7f70485accde03f509.JPG

Loved the car but my buddy made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

We both missed having an SL so I started looking back in June.

My patience paid off

Man that is a great car too, I think 97 was the last year. I've been keeping my eyes open for a 6 cylinder but the right car (at the right time) hasn't come along, lighter engine, better balance, and more economical, what's not to like. I had that motor in a 95 E class it would light up the rear tires, SL is heavier but just means you get to run it harder..

I've got a '98 too (I know : ) for road trips, plan on getting it to the mountains one of these days, I don't think there's a more comfortable two seater out there, but haven't driven an R230 either.

003.JPG  

• Like 1
4 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Bill , I think Fart would be a great time for you to hit the mountains. That way I could pick your brain on a few things in person 

Would be fun Dave but pretty unlikely for next weekend. Shoot me your number in a pm, I'll give you a call.  

7 hours ago, Kenny S said:

Some nice old Mercs on here, I do love an old Merc.

This is one of mine, needs a bit of work but it's such a lovely thing to cruise about in.

D67639CE-CD3F-4845-8DB8-3FB0CCFA1636.thumb.JPG.0bb45f70aa611a9d2d9bcdfa3c89903f.JPG

It sure looks good, what engine? The bumpers blend so much better than the 5mph impact BS we got here that stick out another 4-5 inches. W126 is one of the all time greats.

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

It sure looks good, what engine? The bumpers blend so much better than the 5mph impact BS we got here that stick out another 4-5 inches. W126 is one of the all time greats.

• Like 1

Great link, thanks, look forward to seeing it run and drive. Those Bosch fuel pumps are notorious for freezing up after sitting especially with fuel in them. I've got a couple resurrection specials to tend to in the not too distant future so good timing. I usually just stick in a new pump and hope for the best but those guys are doing it right.  

John Ranalletta
16 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Great link, thanks, look forward to seeing it run and drive. Those Bosch fuel pumps are notorious for freezing up after sitting especially with fuel in them. I've got a couple resurrection specials to tend to in the not too distant future so good timing. I usually just stick in a new pump and hope for the best but those guys are doing it right.  

The guy doing all the work was a certified MB tech early in his career.  He's published a lot of MB content.

18 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

The guy doing all the work was a certified MB tech early in his career.  He's published a lot of MB content.

You could tell he knew what he was doing then I picked up on that in the video, it all added up. Will def check out his channel.

I need one of those jump boxes too, probably not cheap but worth it. Had a couple lithium Walmart specials but they’re junk. Still using an old school unit, works great but it weighs 30-40 lbs and I’m tired of shlepping it around.

I like this guy, an honest assessment and he reiterates some of the the things I've been saying, one of which is you don't need a lot of hp to have fun.  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

one of which is you don't need a lot of hp to have fun.  

Tru dat!!.  The little MGB's were a blast to drive,......and even funner to find the Lucas problems.  My '77, I actually lowered so it felt more like riding on the pavement.  Several times I passed near a big rig trailer and though "self,......I can fit under there",....shoulda tried one time,....just once.

• Haha 1

Haha, not 20 minutes ago I sat in a 2017 white 718 Cayman at Honda of Burlington. Just happened to be driving by and there she be.  :cool: Sales guy tossed me the key and said start it up….click click click…dead battery. :classic_biggrin: It felt really nice sitting in it. :dontknow:

2 hours ago, roadscholar said:

I like this guy, an honest assessment and he reiterates some of the the things I've been saying, one of which is you don't need a lot of hp to have fun.  

It's more fun to drive a slow car fast than drive a fast car slow.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
9 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

A buddy has one of the new Vette's, he keeps asking me when I'm coming over to drive it. I'm sure it's fast and amazing and all the other superlatives one could think up but I'm just not that excited. Years ago he had a BMW M1 then later a Ford GT (03, still does) and I drove both of them, they were off the scale (mine anyway) for driving and sound. Imagine a twin cam race tuned BMW six cylinder howling right behind your head (in a road car), course a 500hp American V8 isn't too bad either.

Here's one iteration of the mid engine prototype Corvette (70's maybe?), it was here one year for the Concours, nothing like the current setup but it's obvious they've been thinking about it for a long time.

001.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

Not bad for a early try mid engine vet, style wise. Them headlights were probably the cat’s ass back in the day now they just look dated. :dontknow:

About driving slow stuff fast.
Years back we flew out to West Yellowstone and rented snowmobiles. The small 440CC Arctic Cats were the cheapest to rent so, that’s what we got. I’ll tell ya, we hammered them hard bumper to taillights all day long. The most fun I ever had on a sled in my life. Or, in other words, I get it! :thumbsup: 

• Plus 1 1

I got to take a good look at the new C8 Vette yesterday at a car show. I knew the rear end was kind of wide compared to the more exotic counterparts, but seeing it close up really shows how wide the hips are. It just looks chunky.

The reason for this?

So the owner can put a bag of golf clubs in the trunk.

Seriously, that is the reason. 

So close to hitting it out of the park, and then backing off at the last minute.