IGNORED

Downsized with Upsized Joy

KeyLime

Just one question. 

My 2009 F650GS (twin, for those unfamiliar with the F) is NOT compatible with the signalMinder.  What is the right way to create front/rear running lights?  The signalMinder was a blessing on my RT and RS.    

dirtrider
7 hours ago, KeyLime said:

Just one question. 

My 2009 F650GS (twin, for those unfamiliar with the F) is NOT compatible with the signalMinder.  What is the right way to create front/rear running lights?  The signalMinder was a blessing on my RT and RS.    

Morning KeyLime

Unfortunately your turn signals are controlled by the ZFE (central chassis computer) so there isn't anything that I know of that is a simple plug in to turn your turn signals into running lights.

So as far as I know you will have to build (or make)  something of your own.

One way would be to find some aftermarket turn signal lights with twin wire inputs (dual filament bulbs) then adapt those to your bike then add in a fused, ignition switch controlled, 12v feed to the running light filament.

Another option might be to wire your existing turn signal bulbs to run at a continuous fused, ignition-on 12v, then add a small relay in each (individual) 12v feed  to each turn signal light, then wire your existing turn signal wires to flash those added relays. (so instead of flashing the existing turn signal bulb ON/OFF/ON/OFF  it would flash the existing running light OFF/ON/OFF/ON. 

Might be easier to just add some small additional LED  lighting on the 4 corners .

• 3 weeks later...

DR's suggesgtion to go  LED add on's is spot on.

Check run-n-lights

run-n-lights

for options, the lite buddy rear viz/brake

they may be able to suggest options for turn signals (if )