Running warm around town hot?

Clint

Yes I have a 04 1150rt black love the bike, I just put a screen kit in front of oil cooler from bmw and have night lights below the oil cooler attached to a plate under oil cooler I'm wondering if I'm blocking to much air threw oil cooler? around town temp creeps up to red mark 2 bars below it maybe one mark not sure if I seen it, I wonder if I should cut some holes in the flat plate that my running lights bolt to? Maybe I'm over reacting, it seems my 2000rt had better air flow and the hot air did not hit you in the upper body, they must have changed the air flow. Troy

SAAB93driver

According to the gage my R1150RS runs hotter than my R1100RS did in heavy traffic.

As to airflow remove the oil cooler screen and see if it makes a difference.

I'd be surprised if a mounting plate below the cooler is impacting flow through it.

Two bars below the red one is no big deal. The boxer motor can take a lot of heat. Even into the red zone with no problems.

I'd be surprised if a mounting plate below the cooler is impacting flow through it.

Two bars below the red one is no big deal. The boxer motor can take a lot of heat. Even into the red zone with no problems.

Yes, the boxer is almost hear proof...but, the engine oil may not be as heat proof........run Mobil1 or some full syn equivalent...synthetics do tolerate heat much better than dino oils.....

Archived